Reliance Jio is the largest telecom operator in India having a subscriber base of over 40 crore as of November 2020. It has operations in all 22 telecom circles and offers 4G services using 850MHz, 1,800MHz bands and 2,300MHz spectrum. Jio offers high-speed 4G mobile internet through prepaid and postpaid GSM and fiber broadband through Jio Fiber branding. Its biggest competitors in mobile and broadband include Airtel and Vodafone Idea. Apart from internet services, Jio has created a digital ecosystem with apps like JioCinema, JioTV, JioVoice, JioMoney, etc.
As of March 2020, Reliance Jio reported an average 4G data consumption of 11.3GB per month. Similarly, average voice consumption stood at 771 minutes per month. With such a high usage of data and voice, it is quite common for users to face network issues, especially during peak hours and in busy areas. Low internet speed is the most common issue we see people asking on JioCare Twitter.
Apart from 4G net speed, users approach the customer service to report various network issues, know the latest recharge offers, know the balance and validity of the mobile, and more. Here are the most common enquiries or complaints received by Reliance Jio on Twitter
- 4G internet download speed extremely low
- Network outage
- Jio Fiber new connection availability
There are various ways to reach out to Reliance Jio and clarify your concerns about the network or enquire about the new recharge offers. Jio customer care executives are available 24 x 7 (Monday – Sunday) for your assistance.
- Toll free number
Jio customer care number
Users might have to talk to the customer care executive for resolution of their complaints or get solutions to the queries or doubts they have. Jio has two different toll free helpline numbers for different types of assistance – queries and complaints.
- For queries: Users can call 199 from the Jio number and speak directly to customer care executive and resolution of their queries.
- For complaints: Jio users may face technical issues with respect to the network that include slow internet speed, network outage, outgoing calls not going, unwanted marketing calls, and several others. Users can post the complaint directly to the Jio customer care executive by dialling the complaint number, 198.
How to call Jio customer care number from Airtel and Vodafone Idea?
There might be a situation when your Jio SIM might not be functioning but you want to contact the Jio customer care. For such users, Jio has provided an alternate toll free helpline number which they can dial from Airtel, Vodafone Idea (Vi) and BSNL networks.
- Dial 1800-889-9999 from other networks for any assistance.
How contact Jio customer care through email?
Reliance Jio also has an email facility, that enables the users to register their complaint directly with the company. Follow these steps to submit the complaint:
- Open this link on your mobile or laptop browser
- Fill in your name, registered mobile number (in case of Jio Fiber) or Jio mobile number
- Select the product from the drop down list: Prepaid, Postpaid, JioFiber, Enterprise Mobility or Enterprise Wireline
- Enter the subject
- Enter your query or complaint
- Upload supported images or documents if available
- Click on Submit
How to contact Jio Customer Care on WhatsApp
Customer service through WhatsApp has become a most favoured channel these days. Reliance Jio is at the forefront in the adoption of the new-age customer service.
- Jio Mobility users need to save 7000770007 in their phonebook or click on this link and send ‘Hi’ to get started
- Jio Fiber users can connect to WhatsApp support by saving 7000570005 or click on this link. Once the number is saved, you need to send ‘Hi’ to get started
How to contact Jio customer care on Twitter?
Reliance Jio has a dedicated customer service account on Twitter through which the users can contact directly and address their queries and complaints. Users just need to tag @Jiocare or DM their complaints or queries. The social media team will get in touch with you soon with the resolution or answer. Both Jio Mobility and JioFiber users can avail the service
How to use tele-verification and activate newly purchased Jio SIM?
As per TRAI guidelines, users need to verify the identity for activation of their new Jio SIM cards. For this, they must call 1977 and complete the tele-verification process to activate the HD voice and data services. JioFi users who cannot make voice calls can call 1800-890-1977 to activate 4G data services. Tele-verification can be done by following these steps:
- Enter the 5 digit PIN number received to your alternate mobile number which you had given during the purchase of new Jio SIM card (or)
- Enter last 4 digits of your Aadhaar number
- In case you find it difficult in using any of the two above steps, you can connect to the customer centre advisor and do the manual verification.
Jio Customer Care support during International Roaming
Reliance Jio, for its users roaming abroad, has set up a dedicated helpline number for support and resolution of their complaints. While on international roaming, users can dial +917018899999 for the resolution of their queries or complaints. Remember, the number is chargeable as per the ISD plan.
Jio Fiber Customer Care number
Jio Fiber has its services spread across various cities in India, has over 19 lakh subscribers. Customers might want to call the customer care support to apply a new broadband connection, know the Jio Fiber availability in their area, download speed issues, etc. For any such assistance or complaints, users can call 1800-896-9999.
Jio Mobility availability in India
Reliance Jio is offering 4G high speed data and voice services in all 22 telecom circles in India that include, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh & Chattisgarh, Bihar & Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Gujarat, UP East, UP West, Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Punjab, North East, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and Mumbai.
Jio Fiber availability in India
Jio Fiber broadband services are currently available only in select cities in India. It is reported that Jio is quickly expanding its services to 2-tier cities to take on Airtel Xstream Fiber. As of now, Jio Fiber is available in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Surat, Vadodara, Guntur, Daman & Diu, Noida, Alwar, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Jammu, Chennai, Noida, Ghaziabad, Visakhapatnam, Bhubaneshwar, Varanasi, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Surat, Agra, Meerut, Vijayawada, Lucknow, Jamshedpur, Haridwar, Pune, Gaya, Patna, Port Blair, Punjab, and will be available in more cities in the near future.