YouTube playlists are one of the most effective to curate content and watch them at your own will. Since YouTube is a platform of content across genres and formats, you get the chance to mix content and watch music videos, news or comedy clips as per your liking.
Another advantage with YouTube is that you can do all this without need for a subscription or a paid account. Once you have created a YouTube playlist, it is easier to add videos to your playlist, remove or edit the playlist.
Within the playlist, YouTube allows users to shuffle the order by simply dragging and moving the videos around. The playlists can also be set to public or private, which makes sharing them easier. If all of that sounds intriguing and you are wondering how to create a YouTube playlist then we have you covered.
How to create a YouTube playlist
- Visit YouTube on a browser or on your phone or open the app on supported devices.
- Now, watch the first video that you would like to add to your playlist.
- Below the video playback, you will see an icon labelled as “Save”.
- Click on it.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear where you should click on “New Playlist” option.
- The next window will show an option to name your playlist and set its visibility. Make the changes and click on “Create”.
How to add videos to YouTube playlist
Open any video and click on “Save” to add video to your playlist. Alternatively, you click on the three dots shown at the top right corner of any YouTube video thumbnail. Click on the “Save to playlist” option and then select your playlist. This way you can keep adding videos to your playlist.
How to find and delete YouTube playlist
Now that you have learnt how to create your own playlist on YouTube and how to add videos, you might want to delete videos later. Here is how to find your playlist, delete a particular video or the playlist itself.
- Click on “Library” in the bottom row of icons.
- On the left-hand side, you will see your playlist.
- Click on your playlist and then on the three dots next to any video you want to delete.
- Select the option “Remove from Playlist name” to delete or remove any video.
- To delete the playlist, click on the recycle bin icon below the name of the playlist.