Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world currently with over 2.7 billion monthly active users. The platform is not only used for social interaction but also for business purposes. Facebook lets users create professional pages for their businesses to interact directly with customers and users. However, businesses sometimes shut down and in such cases, it’s natural to wonder how to delete a Facebook page.
Also read: How to change Facebook profile name
Deleting a Facebook page is a pretty straight-forward process and can be done from either computer or smartphone. This article will provide a step-by-step tutorial for deleting a Facebook page. In case you are an owner of a Facebook business page and wondering how to delete it, read on ahead.
How to delete a Facebook page: on desktop
In order to be able to delete a Facebook page, you need to be the admin of the said page. Bear in mind that deleting a page is different from deactivating your account. A Facebook page once deleted can never be recovered.
In case you are the admin and sure that you want to delete the page, follow the below steps on your desktop:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- On the main screen, click on ‘Pages’ in the top-left corner below your name
- Go to your page and click on ‘Settings’ in the bottom on the left side
- You will be on the ‘General’ Page now, click on ‘Remove Page’
- Click on ‘Permanently delete <group name>’
- Next click on ‘Delete’
How to delete a Facebook page: on Android and iPhone
The process of deleting a Facebook page on the mobile app is quite similar to that on desktop. Below are the steps:
- Open Facebook app
- Click on the three-line icon in the top-right corner
- Go to your Page and click on the ‘gear’ icon in the top-right corner
- Tap on ‘General’
- Scroll down to ‘Remove Page’ and click on ‘Permanently delete <group name>’
- Next click on ‘Delete Page’
Once you click on ‘Delete Page’, Facebook allows restoring it within 14 days. To cancel the page deletion, visit the page within 14 days and follow the steps 1 to 4 and click on ‘Cancel deletion’ on the ‘General’ page.