In case you own a desktop or laptop, you might need to clean debris or replacie individual keys once in a while. While doing so, you may need to disable the keyboard on your computer. And if you are wondering how to disable the keyboard on Windows 10, it’s a simple process.
Microsoft has built-in the feature to disable the keyboard in Windows 10 and it takes only a few steps to do so. While the keyboard is disabled, you will be able to anything you wish from cleaning to replacing a membrane without affecting the Windows. Here is a detailed guide on how to disable the keyboard on Windows 10 computer.
How to disable keyboard on Windows 10: step-by-step guide
As mentioned before, there are multiple cases where you may need to disable the keyboard on a Windows 10 computer. In the interim, if you need to use the keyboard, you might want to have a backup keyboard ready to be connected. Once you’re all set, follow the steps to disable the keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Windows’ button
- Type ‘Device Manager’ in search and click on the first result
- Scroll down until you find the ‘Keyboards’ option and click on it
- Click on the keyboard you want to disable
- Right-click on the option of the keyboard that you want to disable
- You should see a ‘Disable’ option, click on it
- In case you don’t see ‘Disable’, click on Uninstall
- Click ‘Yes’ in the pop-up that appears next to disable the keyboard
Your computer might ask you to restart the computer, do so. Once restarted, your keyboard will be disabled. Once you are done cleaning or changing keys on the keyboard, you can repeat step 1-5 and click on ‘Enable’ or ‘Install’.