It goes without saying that Facebook is the largest social media platform globally right now. The majority of content creators and YouTubers upload their videos on Facebook as well. Therefore, you may come across a video that catches your attention and makes you want to download it. But the question here is how to download Facebook videos on any device?
As you may already know, Facebook doesn’t allow downloading the video file to the local storage of your device. There’s an option to download video but that only downloads the video to your profile and basically bookmarks it for offline viewing. Here we will show you how to save a video from Facebook to the local storage of a PC.
How to download Facebook videos on computer: step-by-step guide
While Facebook doesn’t allow downloading of videos from its platform, there’s a workaround for that. You will need to access the mobile basic page of the video in order to download the video to your device. Below are the steps to do the same:
- Open Facebook on your browser and login
- Go to the video you want to download and copy the video URL in the address bar
- Open a new tab in the broswer and paste the copied link in the address bar
- Replace www in the URL with mbasic and hit enter
- You will be taken to the basic Facebook page of the video, click on play
- As the video starts playing, right click on the video and click on ‘Download Video’
- Your video will start downloading
- Once downloaded, you can find the video in your ‘Downloads’ folder
Please note that downloaded videos should be used for personal consumption only. Circulation of downloaded videos from creators is not advised as it violates copyright norms and is a punishable offence.