- Zoom is one of the best softwares for video conferencing
- It is free to use but also has a paid plan for additional features
- Zoom offers features like video calls, online meetings, and collaborative tasks
The ongoing pandemic and the resulting lockdown has confined many people to their homes. As such, corporates and educational institutions are facilitating work/learn from home culture to everyone. Video conferencing software like Zoom and Microsoft Teams have become a necessity now, of which the former is more popular. In case you’re wondering how to download Zoom, you’re in the right place.
Zoom has application for both mobile and desktop platform. While mobile users can go to the app store on their smartphone and search for Zoom to download, desktop users will need to visit the official website of the software and download the installation package. Here’s a step-by-step guide to download Zoom on your computer.
How to download Zoom on your computer: step-by-step guide
Downloading Zoom on your computer requires only four steps and will get up and running in a few minutes. In order to use video conferencing on the software, you will need to sign up for a free account. After that, you’ll be able to use the software right away once it’s downloaded. Below are the steps to download the Zoom software on your computer.
- Open your preferred web browser and visit Zoom’s official website
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Download’ or simply visit this link
- On the next page, click ‘Download’ under Zoom Client for Meetings
- Once the download is finished, click on the installation package (.dmg for Macs and .exe for Windows)
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Once installed, you can run the Zoom application and log in to your account. In case you don’t have a Zoom account, you can visit the official website mentioned in Step 1 above and click on ‘Sign up, it’s free’ button in the top right corner and sign up.