We’ve already showed you how to find the IP address of your computer. Now, that you have the IP address of your computer, the next step is to know the IP address of your router as well. While knowing the IP address of your router is not necessary, it can still come in handy if you know how to find it when in need. To recall, the IP address is how others computers and devices are able to identify your computer.
It works in the background and is the reason why you don’t need to know it in advance. However, the internet is prone to break or stop working and in such situations, you might need to do some troubleshooting, which could require you to know the IP address of your router. Finding the IP address of your router mainly depends on what device you are using and here is how you can find it easily.
How to find the IP address of your router on Windows
- Right-click on the Windows button at the bottom left hand corner of your screen or press Windows + X to open the menu.
- Select Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell.
- In the Command Prompt or PowerShell window, type “IPCONFIG” and press Enter.
- Now, find the Default Gateway section, which lists the IP address of your router.
How to find the IP address of your router on Mac
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left of the screen.
- Choose System Preferences and then click on Network.
- Choose your network from the list on the left hand side.
- Click on the “Advanced” option at the bottom right of the window.
- Now, select TCP/IP and you should be able to see your Router’s IP address listed next to the word Router.
How to find IP address on iPhone
- Go to Settings and select “WiFi”.
- On the WiFi Settings page, click on the WiFi network that you are connected to.
- Scroll down to the “IPV4 Address’ section.
- The IP address of your router will be listed next to “Router” label.
How to find IP address of your router on Android
On Android, there is no native tool built-in to find the IP address of your router like it does on Apple iOS. As a result, the process is not straightforward and varies according to the custom version of Android powering your device.
On OneUI, which is found on Samsung smartphones, there is a way to find IP address of your router. However, you can install an app like WiFi analyzer to find IP address of your router on any Android smartphone.