Instagram has become the crown jewel in Facebook’s social media empire. While Facebook is absorbed with controversies and WhatsApp is still figuring out ways to make revenue, Instagram has sailed through with clear product strategy.
It has successfully copied Stories feature from Snapchat and managed to reach a wide adoption as well. With TikTok being banned in countries like India, Instagram is trying to replicate short form videos feature with Reels. All of this has helped Instagram to garner new users and expand its reach with new features.
If you are one of over one billion Instagram users then you might want to know about customer support on the photo-sharing platform. For one, Instagram doesn’t have a dedicated call center style helpline but it does make it easy to reach via apps for iPhone and Android as well as on desktop.
How to get support on Instagram app
- Open Instagram app on your smartphone and tap on your profile at the bottom right corner.
- Now click on the three parallel lines at the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Help and then click on “Help Center” to browse various topics related to any issue.
How to get Instagram support on the web
Instagram help center is essentially a massive list of frequently asked questions that should cover almost all of your concerns. You can get answers to your queries on the web as well. To get help on the website, visit https://help.instagram.com from any compatible web browser. On this page, you can search for your query and find a resolution.
How to report an issue on Instagram
Now, suppose you see some content that is either spam or inappropriate, you can tap on three dots and report by selecting a reason. However, you can also use the “Help Center” to report your issues to Instagram.
This is ideal when you cannot find resolution to your problem from the FAQs on the website. Before we proceed, do use this method only for legitimate grievances. Here is how.
- Go to the Help Center as mentioned above.
- Click on “Privacy and Safety Center” from the left hand side tab.
- Now, tap on “Report Something” on the left hand menu.
- In the next screen, select the type of issue and follow the steps as detailed by Instagram to report your issue.