Instagram has emerged as one of the biggest social media platforms this year. After the pandemic struck and work-from-home as well as learn-from-home became the new normal, people used Flipkart-owned Instagram as the platform to catch up. During this time, Instagram‘s tools like live streaming, Stories and Direct messaging became a means for most to stay in touch.
Recently, Instagram announced that it is introducing an option to add up to three more people to its live streaming feature. Called Instagram Live Rooms, the feature is the graduation of the service from a live streaming service to a production environment featuring multiple contributors. Now that the year is coming to an end, Instagram users across the world will begin posting their Top Nine posts. If you’re wondering what Instagram Top Nine is and how to get yours, we’ve got you covered.
What is Instagram Top 9?
At the end of each year, Instagram users all over the world post their most popular Instagram pictures of the year. While you can do this manually; there are tools out there that make the process much easier.
One of the most popular applications is called Top Nine which lets you create a collage of your nine most liked Instagram posts. While the service has been around for a few years, it has also evolved through these years. It is no longer available only on the web and offers a number of customisation and sharing options.
How to get your Instagram Top 9 on the web
- First visit the free Top Nine website.
- Now, enter your Instagram handle. When you try to do that, the service will redirect you to Creator Kit to get this year’s top nine.
- Click on “Go to Top Nine 2020“.
- Enter your Instagram handle and click Continue.
- You might be asked to enter your email address, which is optional.
- Click continue and wait for the service to generate a downloadable collage.
- This collage will show your top nine most liked posts on Instagram in 2020.
- Click on the share button to download the collage and share it as an Instagram post or Story.
How to get your Instagram Top 9 using mobile app
While the web interface is easy to use, there are some features that you can only find on the mobile application. For example, Top Nine does not let you customize the templates on the web. Considering Instagram is a mobile native application, it is better to use the app to get your Top Nine. Here is how:
- Download the Top Nine for Instagram 2020 from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Open the app, enter your Instagram username and click on Continue
- Enter your email address to get a copy of the collage on mail
- Now click on “Find My Top Nine”
- You will now see your Top Nine grid and customisation options
- On the app, you can customise the grid and even create a video
- The app will also prepare your Instagram Story for easy sharing
If you plan to use the app, you’ll need to have some patience. It takes at least a few hours for the app to generate your top nine. Alternatively, you can enter your email ID and wait for the collage to show up on mail. The site claims to have generated 1,79,98,801 Instagram Top Nines this year alone.
What if your account is private?
If your account is private, Top Nine won’t be able to directly fetch data about your account. You will need to sign in with your Instagram account and password to create the Top Nine grid. This is possible because Top Nine uses Instagram’s proprietary authentication tool.
How to share your Instagram Top 9
Once you have generated your top nine of Instagram 2020, share it directly on your feed or as a story. Make sure you use the hashtag #TopNine2020 for wider reach. You can also go to topnine.co/forget-me to revoke your email. While you are at it, do follow us on Instagram.