Tata Sky continues to be the top DTH service provider ahead of Dish TV in the country. The company grabbed a 32.58 percent market share in the quarter ended September 30th, 2020. Thanks to offerings like advanced set-top boxes, interactive services, and over 600 channels, Tata Sky is the obvious choice for any looking for a new connection. So how to get a Tata Sky new connection?
Here’s everything you need to know before getting a Tata Sky new connection for your home. From the process of getting a new Tata Sky DTH connection to adding and modify Tata Sky packs, we will walk you through it all in this article. So, without any further ado, read on ahead.
How to get Tata Sky new connection online
You can easily get a Tata Sky new connection by going to the official Tata Sky website. Below are the steps to get a new connection of Tata Sky online.
- Visit the official Tata Sky new connection page
- Enter your first name, last name, mobile number, email id, and PIN code
- Select the categories of shows you like to watch
- Select the languages you prefer
- Pick whether or not you want HD Tata Sky packages
- Select your pick from the set-top box options
- Choose one of the curated Tata Sky packs shown or build your own channel pack
- Select your mode of payment
- Provide your address
How to get Tata Sky new connection by call
To get a Tata Sky new connection by call, you need to call on the designated number of the DTH service provider. For Tata Sky new connection, the contact number is 07411774117. When you call this number, the call will be disconnected and you will receive an SMS saying a customer care executive will contact you soon to help with the new connection.
How to get Tata Sky new connection via an authorised partner
This is the more conventional way to get Tata Sky new connection for your home. You can visit the nearest Tata Sky authorised partner to your address and get a new Tata Sky connection. In case you are not sure where the nearest Tata Sky authorised dealer is, you can find out by sending an SMS.
- Open the messaging app on your phone
- Type dl <pin code>
- Send the SMS to 56633
- You’ll receive an SMS with a list of Tata Sky dealers near you
Tata Sky new connection online offers
In case you opt to get Tata Sky new connection online, you can avail of several offers on Tata Sky set-top boxes. The popular Tata Sky Binge+ Android-TV based set top box can be purchased for Rs 2,799 instead of Rs 2,999 by using the coupon code TSKY200. You also get a 6-month subscription to 10 OTT apps including Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, VOOT Select, and more. Additionally, new users are entitled to a 3-month Amazon Prime subscription.
The basic Tata Sky HD set-top box can be purchased for Rs 1,349 instead of Rs 1,499 by using TSKY150. This set top box offers 1080i resolution and access to all the channels. Lastly, there’s an offer on the Tata Sky+ HD set top box, which retails at Rs 4,999, but users can get Rs 400 off by using TSKY400.
Tata Sky set top box price
Tata Sky offers six different set top box options for new customers to choose from. These set top boxes start from as low as Rs 1,499 and go up to Rs 6,400. Below are the set top box options and their prices.
- Tata Sky SD digital set top box
- Tata Sky HD digital set top box
- Tata Sky+ HD digital set top box
- Tata Sky Binge+ Android set top box
- Tata Sky Ultra HD 4k digital set top box
|Tata Sky set top box||Price|
|Tata Sky SD digital set top box||Rs 1,499|
|Tata Sky HD digital set top box||Rs 1,499|
|Tata Sky Binge+ Android set top box||Rs 2,999|
|Tata Sky+ HD digital set top box||Rs 4,999|
|Tata Sky Ultra HD 4k digital set top box||Rs 6,400|
Which Tata sky set top box should I choose?
The choice of Tata Sky set top box depends on the watching preference of the user. In case you are looking for a basic DTH connection with decent channels for a spare room TV, the base Tata Sky HD digital set top box should be your pick. There is no value in choosing the Tata Sky SD set top box, since it is the same price as the HD set top box, and offers lower resolution.
For those who want to stream online content on OTT platforms as well as watch DTH TV, the Android-based set top box Tata Sky Binge+ is the ideal choice. The Tata Sky+ HD Digital and Ultra HD 4K boxes are for those who need top of the line offerings with all channels and features like record, pause live TV, and others.
How to upgrade Tata Sky box
In case you want to upgrade your Tata Sky set top box to a better option, you can easily do so. In order to upgrade, the customer needs to call the Tata Sky Helpline number (07411774117) from their registered mobile number and go through the process.
Additionally, users can visit their nearest Tata Sky Authorised Partner shop to upgrade the existing set-top box. Simply provide your subscriber ID while asking for the upgrade and check for the offers available at the time.
How to create/find Tata Sky subscriber ID
When you get a Tata Sky new connection, you are allocated a unique subscriber ID. This subscriber ID is used to top up, upgrade and troubleshoot your set top box. You can easily find your subscriber ID by following below options.
- Press the home button on your Tata Sky remote and the subscriber ID will be displayed on the screen
- From your registered mobile number, give a missed call on 08061999911. You’ll get an SMS with the subscriber ID and the existing pack details
How to add and modify packs on Tata Sky
You can easily add and modify packs on Tata Sky online. Below are the steps to do so.
- Head to the official Tata Sky portal
- Click on the ‘Select packs’ option
- Enter your registered mobile number or Tata Sky subscriber ID
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number to sign
- On the next page, click on the ‘Your Pack’ option on the right
- You will see all channels of your existing pack on the next page
- You will see a + icon beside each category.
- Scroll to the Sports category and click on the ‘+’ icon and add Star Sports channels that you want
- Click on Select and Proceed at the bottom
- Make payment for the selected channels
The Tata Sky Mobile app also lets users modify their existing pack and the process is largely similar to the online process. Users can also call on Tata Sky customer care number on 1800-208-6633 from the registered mobile number and get channels added or removed from their pack. Additionally, you can send channel code such as ADD ZEE14 ir STARPLUS12 as an SMS to 56633 from your registered mobile number.
Tata Sky new connection FAQs
What is the minimum monthly charge I have to pay after taking Tata Sky new connection?
After taking Tata Sky’s new connection, you can recharge with minimum monthly packs that start from as low as Rs 50 and go all the way up to Rs 600.
How many channels do I get on Tata Sky?
Tata Sky currently offers 652 channels and services that includes 498 SD, 91HD channels, 25 interactive services, 16SD and 9 HD movie showcase.