Dish TV is one of the top two DTH service providers in India with a 29.49 percent market share and 21 million strong subscribers base. The DTH service provider offers more than 700 channels and additional services to its users. While not everyone needs all 700 channels, you may add or remove some channels from your pack. In such a case, users may have to resort to Dish TV DTH account refresh for the change to reflect.
The DTH service provider offers multiple ways to refresh the Dish TV account. You can do it through the My Dish TV app, through helpline number, by SMS, and online. Here we will guide you through everything you need to know about DishTV refresh and the process to do so. So without any further ado, let’s delve into it.
Dish TV DTH account: when do you need to refresh?
One of the first questions that pop up is why do you need to refresh the DishTV account or when do you need to refresh the Dish TV DTH account. When you do a Dish TV recharge online or add a new channel to your existing pack, ideally it should reflect immediately in your account.
However, the recharge or newly added channel doesn’t often reflect in the account immediately. In such cases, you may see error 101 or 102 on your TV screen. A Dish TV refresh takes care of these errors and displays the right balance or the newly added channel in your account.
Dish TV DTH: how to refresh
There are multiple ways to perform a DishTV refresh. The DTH service provider allows customers to refresh their account from its online portal and the official My DishTV app. Additionally, users can give a missed call to a designated number to have their Dish TV account refreshed. Lastly, users can send an SMS to 57575 to refresh Dish TV account.
Refresh Dish TV online
- Visit www.dishtv.in login and click on the Help tab on the top
- Click on Refresh your account, on the next page
- On the next page, provide either your VC or registered mobile number
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions
Refresh Dish TV by SMS
- From the registered mobile number, send ‘DISHTV REFRESH’ to 57575
- From a non-registered mobile number, send ‘DISHTV REFRESH <11 digit VC number> to 57575
While refreshing through SMS, users are required to keep the set-top box on channel number 999 for an hour after sending the SMS.
Refresh Dish TV using My DishTV app
- Download My Dish TV app on your smartphone
- Open the app and login using the VC number of the registered number
- Click on the icon of Adi chatbot in the app
- Type and send ‘Refresh my account’
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the chatbot
Refresh Dish TV by missed call
This is the simplest method to refresh your Dish TV DTH account after recharging or modifying your channel pack. Simply give a missed call on 18002744744 from your registered mobile number. Once you are done giving a missed call on the number, your Dish TV account will immediately be refresh.
However, ensure that you give the missed call from your registered mobile number since your Dish TV VC number is associated with it.
How to change Dish tv registered mobile number
So what happens if you lose your mobile phone or change your mobile number? Dish TV allows users to change their registered mobile number by sendin an SMS. Below is the process to change Dish TV registered mobile number.
- Open messaging app on your phone
- Start a new SMS
- Type DISHTV RMN <11 digit VC number>
- Send the SMS to 57575
- You’ll receive an acknowledgement SMS as well as RMN registration confirmation SMS
How to check Dish TV balance
There are three methods to check your Dish TV balance, online, through call, and via SMS. Here are all three methods.
Check Dish TV balance online
- Visit the official Dish TV login page
- Sign in using your VC number or registered mobile number
- You’ll be able to see your Dish TV balance on home page
Check Dish TV balance through SMS/call
From your registered mobile number, send your Dish TV account balance query to 57575 or 0925007878. You can also simply send CALL ME to 57575 to have a call arranged for you. In a few hours, you’ll receive a call back from Dish TV executives informing you about your account balance.
Dish TV FAQs
What is the complaint number of DishTV?
If you have an issue with your DishTV account, you can call on 9501795017 and get your issue addressed.