Tata Sky is one of the leading DTH (Direct To Home) TV service providers in India. The company offers a number of set-top box packages with various subscription plans for different channels.
Existing Tata Sky customers need to recharge regularly as per their cycle to keep using the services. However, if you recharge your TATA Sky connection after a while or recharge it while your set-top box is turned off, you will need to refresh your Tata Sky DTH set-top box in order for the recharge to reflect and the channels to show up. If you’re wondering how to do this, we’ve put together a simple guide to refreshing your Tata Sky DTH account and set-top box.
Tata Sky DTH account and set-top box: when do you need to refresh it?
Sometimes, you might recharge your Tata Sky account but it doesn’t reflect the payment. This usually happens if you recharge a dormant account after a while, if your set-top box was off while recharging, if you recharge late or are subscribing to new channels. In such cases, you set top box will sometimes throw up an error saying channels are not available.
This is nothing to worry about and a simple Tata Sky refresh will take care of the channels not available error. Here are four ways in which you can refresh your Tata Sky account.
Tata Sky DTH account and set-top box: different ways to refresh your account
- By missed call
- By SMS
- Through the app
- Through WhatsApp
Refresh Tata Sky DTH account by missed call
The simplest method to refresh your Tata Sky DTH account is by giving a missed call to a number provided by the service provider.
- Call 9040590405 from the number associated with the Tata Sky account and wait for 2-3 minutes
- If the above method doesn’t work, call the Tata Sky Helpline number 1800286633 (toll-free) from the registered mobile number and press 1 to select Tata Sky Refresh option
Refresh Tata Sky DTH account by SMS
In order to refresh your Tata Sky set top box using SMS, users will need to send a pre-determined SMS to a service number, These SMSes will be charged as per your mobile tariff.
- For a soft reset SMS “SR” (without quotes) to 56633
- If the soft reset doesn’t solve the issue for you, go for a hard reset and SMS “HR” (without quotes) to 56633
Refresh Tata Sky DTH account through the app
Tata Sky has a dedicated app for Android and iOS users, which also lets users refresh their account. To refresh from the app, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the app on your smartphone and tap on the profile icon in the top right corner
- In the slide-out menu, click on ‘My Tata Sky’
- On the next screen, select ‘Raise a Request’
- On the screen that follows, click on ‘Nature of Request’ and then ‘Unable to View Service’
- You will be able to see a ‘Refresh’ button on the screen
- Make sure your set top box is turned on and click on the ‘Refresh’ button
Refresh Tata Sky DTH account through WhatsApp
In order to refresh Tata Sky Account through WhatsApp, you need to have a WhatsApp account with their registered mobile number. After that, save the Tata Sky WhatsApp number – +91 1800 208 6633 to your contact book. Then, you simply need to send the message ‘Refresh’ to the Tata Sky WhatsApp number.