Tata Play formerly known as Tata Sky is one of the widely used DTH service provider in India, where most of the users recharge their account every month. However, there are instances where after recharging the account it does not reflect the payment. It usually happens when you recharge an inactive account or set-top box was off while recharging.
Also read: Tata Play DTH recharge offers [July 2022]: get up to Rs 300 cashback on recharge using Paytm
Apart from that sometimes when you subscribe to a new channel it doesn’t show up in your account. So if you are facing any of such issues with your Tata Play DTH account then refreshing the account or set-top box is the best solution. That’s why here’s our step-by-step guide to refresh your Tata Play DTH account and set-top box.
Tata Play DTH account and set-top box: different ways to refresh your account
- By missed call
- By SMS
- Through the app
- Through WhatsApp
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account by missed call?
The simplest method to refresh your Tata Play DTH account is by giving a missed call to a number provided by the service provider.
- Call 9040590405 from the number associated with the Tata Play account and wait for 2-3 minutes
- If the above method doesn’t work, call the Tata Play Helpline number 1800286633 (toll-free) from the registered mobile number and press 1 to select Tata Play Refresh option
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account by SMS?
In order to refresh your Tata Play set top box using SMS, users will need to send a pre-determined SMS to a service number, These SMSes will be charged as per your mobile tariff.
- For a soft reset SMS “SR” (without quotes) to 56633
- If the soft reset doesn’t solve the issue for you, go for a hard reset and SMS “HR” (without quotes) to 56633
If you are confused about which refresh option to choose, in that case, call Tata Play Helpline number on 1800286633 and ask for a suggestion.
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account through the app?
Tata Play has a dedicated app for Android and iOS users, which also lets users refresh their account. To refresh from the app, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the app on your smartphone and use you Tata Play login credentials
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner
- In the slide-out menu, click on ‘My Tata Play’
- On the next screen, select ‘Raise a Request’
- On the screen that follows, click on ‘Nature of Request’ and then ‘Unable to View Service’
- You will be able to see a ‘Refresh’ button on the screen
- Make sure your set top box is turned on and click on the ‘Refresh’ button
How to refresh Tata Play DTH account through WhatsApp?
In order to refresh Tata Play Account through WhatsApp, you need to have a WhatsApp account with their registered mobile number. After that, save the Tata Play WhatsApp number – +91 1800 208 6633 to your contact book. Then, you simply need to send the message ‘Refresh’ to the Tata Play WhatsApp number.
Tata Play DTH account FAQs
How can I activate my suspended Tata Play account?
In order to resume your suspended Tata Play account, login to your Tata Play account and go to the ‘Get Help’ section. In the ‘Get Help’ section, seek assistance from the Get Help Assistant and click on ‘Account and Profile’, and then select ‘Resume my service’ option. If you are unable to see the service even after resuming, give a missed call to 9040590405 from your registered mobile number.
How can we refresh Tata Play account if we don’t have the registered mobile number (RMN)?
You can refresh your Tata Play account by SMS if you do not have a registered mobile number. Type in ‘HR’ followed by space and subscriber ID, and send the SMS to 56633. You will be charged Rs 3 as SMS charges. Do keep the TV and set-top box turned on during the process.
What is Tata Play customer care number?
You can contact Tata Play customer care number 18002086633 (toll-free) to resolve your queries/complaints.
What is Tata Play WhatsApp number?
The Tata Play WhatsApp number is the same as their customer care number. You can WhatsApp Tata Play on 18002086633.