Google Chrome is the most widely used web browser in the world. It is so popular that it only makes sense to master the powerful application. While Chrome is a simple and easy to use app on mobile devices, it offers more features on the desktop version.
If you use Chrome on desktop, like we do, then there is a good chance that you closed your tabs by mistake. For Chrome users, the instance where they closed all the tabs accidentally instead of the current tab, is a folklore. Even Google knows this common mistake and has built in tools to restore all the tabs closed by you.
How to restore Google Chrome tabs on the desktop
There are multiple ways to restore your Chrome tabs on the desktop and it all depends on the work that you are doing. There is a possibility that you want to restore only the last tab that you were working on. Or you might be looking to restore a bunch of tabs closed at once. Here are all the ways you can restore your Chrome tabs.
Method 1: Restore the tab you just closed
Most often, the Google Chrome tab that you want to work on is the one you closed just now. Google knows this and has made it easy to open that tab with few clicks. Here is how.
- Click on the blank space on the tab bar at the top of the browser.
- Select the “Reopen closed tab” option.
- Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts CTRL + Shift + T on a PC and Command + Shift + T on a Mac.
Method 2: Restore multiple tabs closed accidentally
This is the most common scenario and this needs few additional steps. Here is how you can restore all those tabs closed by mistake
- Click on the three vertical dots seen at the top right hand corner of the browser.
- Now, go to History shown in the menu.
- As you navigate your cursor, the history will show either in the left or right pane.
- You should see all the tabs recently closed by you.
- If you closed multiple tabs at once, it will be shown as a grouped tab.
- Click on it to restore all your tabs.
- You can also click on individual tabs to open them separately.
Method 3: Open any Chrome tab across devices
- Click on the three vertical dots seen at the top right hand corner.
- Now, from the menu, click on history.
- On this screen, you will see tabs from across devices.
- Select the tab that you want to open or restore on the device.