There are plenty of devices to choose from when it comes to setting an alarm, ranging from smartwatches, fitness bands, smart speakers and even conventional alarm clocks. However, the most popular method of setting an alarm is undoubtedly our phones. With the clock app on your phone or tablet, it is very easy to set an alarm whether you are in your home country or travelling abroad.
It is reliable, easy to use and will remind you even if you turn off your phone or it’s on silent. In other words, your phone’s alarm clock won’t let you sleep once you set it. Here’s how to set an alarm on your Android device.
How to find alarm on Android phone
In order to set an alarm on your Android phone or tablet, you need to first open the clock app. If you’re wondering where your alerm clock is, it should be on your home screen’s clock widget. If you can’t find the clock, just swipe up from the bottom of the screen or scroll through homepages to find it the clock app.
How to set an alarm on Android
Follow the steps below to set up an alarm on your Android phone or tablet:
- Once you open the clock app, it is likely to show the Alarm tab. If not, click on the Alarm tab at the bottom row.
- Now, press the plus sign at the top right corner or at the bottom center to create a new alarm.
- Set the time you want to wake up by scrolling through the hour and minute numbers shown.
- You can also change the date by clicking on the date option. You will also have the option to set the alarm to repeat with either custom option or as shown on the app.
- From here, you can also change your alarm’s ringtone. Who doesn’t like waking up to Wham’s Wake Me Up Before You Go Go.
- You can also change the name, snooze settings and vibration settings.
- Click on the Save or Done button to create the alarm.
- Once you have created an alarm, it will show in the alarms section of the clock app.
- You can turn it ON or OFF by clicking on the toggle.
How to set phone alarm using Google Assistant
Instead of going through your phone’s alarm app, an easy way to set an alarm is through Google Assistant.
- If you have Google Assistant set up on your phone, you can say “OK Google, set an alarm for 6am tomorrow” to quickly set an alarm.
- If you want to customise the alarm, you can say “OK Google, set an alarm“. This will bring up a screen where you can manually type in the time, set up a repeat alarm and a label.
- If you want to access the alarm app using Google Assistant, say ‘”OK Google, open alarms”. From here, you can set new alarms or delete and modify existing ones.