- WhatsApp needs to be updated regularly to ensure that it performs efficiently
- WhatsApp can be updated manually or automatically
- WhatsApp can be updated from Play Store and App Store
WhatsApp, the most popular instant messaging app, is the preferred method for many to stay in touch with friends, family, colleagues, and other contacts. The company keeps rolling out great features like WhatsApp Payment, group video calls, and disappearing messages, among others. In order to get these features, you need to update the app. So, how to update WhatsApp?
You can manually update the app on your smartphone from Play Store on Android and App Store on iOS devices. You can choose to automatically update the app on your phone or manually do so. Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how to update WhatsApp on your smartphone.
Table of Contents
WhatsApp: how to update
Android users can update WhatsApp from Play Store and iOS users can do so from the App Store. Below are the steps to update WhatsApp on iPhone and Android smartphones.
How to update WhatsApp on iPhone
- Open App Store on your iPhone
- Tap on the profile icon in the top-right corner
- Navigate to the ‘Available updates’ section
- Find WhatsApp and tap ‘Update’
- This will install the latest WhatsApp update on your iPhone
How to update WhatsApp on Android
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone
- Tap the three-line icon in the top-left corner
- Click on ‘My apps & games’ in the menu that slides out
- Navigate to WhatsApp under the ‘Installed’ tab
- Click on ‘Update’
- This will install the latest WhatsApp version on your Android device
Bear in mind, that if there’s no ‘Update’ button next to WhatsApp on your device or if it doesn’t appear in the ‘Available updates’ section on iPhone, it means that the latest version of WhatsApp is already installed on your handset.