The Income Tax Department of India has launched a new app, “AIS for Taxpayer”. It makes it easier for Taxpayers in India to access AIS (Annual Information Statement) on phones.
In addition, Taxpayers can view info related to TDS, TCS, Tax Payments, Income Tax Refunds, GST, Foreign Remittances and more in the app.
The app is now available to download from Play Store and App Store, and Taxpayers with accounts in the Income Tax portal can use their PAN number to login to the app. You will be asked for OTP from the mobile number attached to the PAN number. Once it is verified, you’ll be asked to create a 4-digit PIN to access the app.
You can also provide feedback on the information displayed on the app using the Feedback option.
Features of AIS for Taxpayers app
These are the features of the AIS App, from its description on Play Store:
- General information – Taxpayers can view the basic details such as Name and PAN on the app’s Home screen.
- AIS Tile – Taxpayers can view THE Annual Information Statement (AIS) and Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS) under this option.
- Feedback – If there’s any feedback you need to give, you can do that using this option. Feedback can be given on active information displayed under TDS/TCS, SFT information or others.
- Activity History – This will show the activities performed by the taxpayer, such as when you logged in, when you logged out and more.
- Download AIS – Taxpayers can download their AIS using this option.
- IVA – Iva is a chatbot that Taxpayers can chat with to get help.
- Contact Us – You connect with the help desk with this option.