LPG cylinder booking in India involves either calling the LPG agency, visiting the gas agency or booking through their app or portal. In a bid to make this process more convenient, Indane gas —owned and developed by state-owned Indian Oil Corporation— has introduced a new universal IVRS/SMS as well as a WhatsApp number.
Booking through the app and website allows customers to get the gas cylinder refill without leaving home, which is a boon. The new WhatsApp and SMS method is especially convenient as it requires customers to send a single SMS or WhatsApp message to the designated number. Here’s a detailed guide on how to book a gas cylinder from Indane.
How to book Indane gas cylinder
Let’s take a look at various methods through which you can book an Indane gas cylinder:
- Visit the gas agency or distributor
- Send a text on WhatsApp
- Send an SMS
- Call the IVRS number
- Book through official website
- Book through official app
How to book Indane gas cylinder through WhatsApp
Indane customers can now book LPG refills through WhatsApp by sending a message to 7588888824. Below is the process for booking a gas cylinder through WhatsApp.
- Save the phone number 7588888824 to your contacts
- Refresh your WhatsApp contacts list
- If your mobile number is registered with Indane, send ‘Refill’ to the above number
- If your mobile number is not registered, send ‘Refill <16-digit ID>’
- Indane will then send you a digital payment link and other pre-delivery check updates
How to find 16-digit Indane ID
Customers can find their 16-digit ID on Indane LPG invoices, cash memos, and subscription vouchers.
How to book Indane gas cylinder through SMS and IVRS
Indane’s new universal IVRS number is 7718955555, which is applicable across the country. Customers all over India can book a cylinder by calling or sending SMS on this number, post which Indane will send a Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) to them. The gas cylinder is delivered only after the OTP is shared with the delivery person.
How to book Indane gas cylinder through SMS
Needless to say, you need to have a registered mobile number with Indane to place orders using SMS. If your number is not registered with Indane, you can easily do so through the following steps:
- SMS <16-digit Indane ID> <last four digits of Aadhaar> or <16-digit Indane ID> <last four digits of the subscription voucher> to 7718955555
- Once registered, SMS ‘REFILL’ to the same number for booking
How to book Indane gas cylinder through IVRS
In case you plan to book the gas cylinder refill using the IVRS system, below are the steps:
- Call on the number provided above and select language
- Confirm the 16-digit Indane ID when prompted
- Press 1 for the refill option
- The request will be booked and IVRS will announce the booking reference number
- Indane will then send a booking confirmation SMS to the registered mobile number
You can also register your mobile number using IVRS. When you first make a call to IVRS from a new number, the system will ask to enter the 16-digit ID. After that, it will ask for the last four digits of subscription voucher provided by the Indane distributor or the last four digits of Aadhaar number. Once done, your mobile number will be registered.
How to book Indane gas cylinder online
Customer can also visit the official website of Indane and book online through the following steps.
- Visit the official portal
- If you are already registered, login with your credentials or register for a new account
- Once logged in, click on the LPG link in the Dashboard and ‘Book your cylinder’ on the next screen
- On the next page, select ‘Online’ option
- Fill the required details
- Click on ‘Book now’
You will be provided with a booking number and a booking confirmation SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number.
How to book Indane gas cylinder on the app
Users can also order a gas cylinder from the IndianOil ONE app using the following steps:
- Download the IndianOil ONE app from Google Play Store or App Store
- Login with your credentials or register for a new account
- On the home page click on ‘Order Cylinder’
- Select the cylinder size and confirm other details
- Click on ‘Order Now’
The app will show the booking reference number and send confirmation SMS to the registered number.
Indane gas booking cashback and discount offers
- PhonePe cashback
- Amazon Pay cashback
- PayTM cashback
Flipkart-owned digital wallet platform, PhonePe is offering cashback on Indane gas cylinder booking on their app. Customers will get up to Rs 100 cashback on their first-ever Indane gas cylinder booking on the PhonePe app. The cashback is rewarded in the form of scratchcard and can be found in ‘My Rewards’ section, The scratchcard can be redeemed up to one year and the cashback is credited within 24 hours of redemption.
Amazon Pay cashback
Amazon India is offering Rs 50 cashback to first time booking of Indane gas cylinder using Amazon Pay. This is a limited time offer and can be availed till January 1st, 2021 on a minimum transaction of Rs 200. Once you place your first order of LPG cylinder using Amazon Pay, the cashback will be credited to the Amazon Pay Balance within three days.
Paytm is also offering up to Rs 500 cashback on firs LPG cylinder booking on the platform. Users need to perform a minimum transaction of Rs 500 and apply promocode ‘FIRSTLPG’ to get the cashback. The cashback will be credited within 24 hours of the transaction. This is a limited time offer till December 31st, 2020.