- Instagram’s Remix feature lets users upload a video in a split screen with another user’s reel
- The feature is been rolled out to all users from today
- It will be enabled by default on all new Reels published from a public account
Instagram has introduced a new feature called Remix that lets users create their own Reel alongside another user’s Reel. The new feature is similar to TikTok’s Duet featre. The Remix option on Reel is live on both Android and iOS.
Instagram launched Reels last year in August and has been adding TikTok-like features on its platform. The latest Remix on Reels feature is expected to gain popularity in regions like India where TikTok is banned.
Instagram says that Remix on Reels will allow users to interact with other’s reels and add their own perspective and fun. The Remix feature is enabled automatically for all the new Reels you publish from a public account. Users can also turn off Remix any time for all Reels, or a particular Reel from the Settings menu. To remix someone’s reel, a user has to ask them to enable remixing. Instagram will also notify who has remixed their content through Instagram’s activity tab.
View this post on Instagram
How to use Remix on Instagram Reels
- Find a Reel you want to remix
- Tap the three-dot menu on a Reel and choose ‘Remix this Reel’
- The screen will then spilt into two – one side with the original reel and the other side with the new reel you are about to create
- Users have to start recording their Remix. It will appear side-by-side with the original Reel
- Users can adjust the volume of the original Reel, their recorded audio and also add a voiceover.
- Once done with editing, users can publish their remixed Reel.