Instagram has manifested into more than just a photo-sharing app. Everybody wants to get their hands on potential audiences, from known celebrities to marketers. However, things get tricky when you have thousands, if not millions, of followers on the platform. One of the pressure points is to know who has unfollowed you on the platform. The most basic way to see who has unfollowed you in do it manually.
If you’ve noticed a sudden dip in your Instagram followers, chances are some of them have unfollowed you. You can investigate your dropping followers by going over the Following list of individual accounts to see if they follow you or not. However, this process is time-consuming, and one can easily get frustrated by scrolling down to the infinity of followers. The solution? Here are some quick methods to see who has unfollowed you on Instagram.
Instagram unfollowers tracker: check followers manually
The most basic way to see who’s unfollowed you on Instagram is to do it manually. You can see who has unfollowed you by going over your follower count. However, this method only works when you have a handful of followers or if you are looking for specified followers. Otherwise, manually finding the unfollowed followers will take forever. Here is a quick look at how to manually check who’s unfollowed on your Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app and head over to the Profile section
- Tap on your profile picture and then select Followers
- Search for the username and see if the account is following you or not
- If they appear in the list, then it means they are still following you
Instagram unfollowers tracker: check the ‘Following’ list of the user
This method is the alternative version to manually see who has unfollowed you on Instagram. To make this method work, you have to visit the individual accounts on Instagram. Below is a more detailed overview of the method to find users who’ve unfollowed you on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app and search for the user who might have unfollowed you
- After that, tap on their profile and select the Following option
- Now, check their list of followers to see if your name is visible or not
- In case you cannot find your name in the list, then that account has unfollowed on your Instagram
- If you see your name in their Following list, then they are still following you on Instagram
Instagram unfollowers tracker: check with third-party apps/websites
If you have thousands of followers on Instagram, it will become complicated to see who has unfollowed you. But not anymore because some third-party websites and apps allow you to see and monitor your follower count. You can see you have unfollowed you, visited your profile and all the other insights that Instagram restricts. Here is what you need to do:
- For this demonstration, we will use FollowMeter (you can use any other apps or website as well)
- Firstly, download FollowMeter via Google Play Store or App Store.
- Install the app on your mobile device
- Once installed, open the app and log in to your Instagram account
- Now, wait for the app to analyse your Instagram account
- On the next screen, the app will share insights about your account, including who’s unfollowed you, users whom you’ve unfollowed and more
- In the same window, you can see some more insights about your Instagram profile
Check Instagram followers: FAQs
How do you find out which Instagram unfollowed you?
There are mainly three methods you can use to find out who’s unfollowed you on Instagram. The first method is manually checking your profile. The second method requires you to see the Following list on other users’ profiles. Lastly, you can see the accounts that have unfollowed you using third-party websites and apps.
How do you know if a particular account unfollowed you?
The easiest way to see if the current follower has unfollowed you or not is to check your profile list. Simply head over to your Instagram profile and tap on the follower’s list. Check if the person is following you or not. If you cannot see the account in your Follower list, that particular account has unfollowed you.