Today marks the beginning of the single-most popular cricketing event in India, the Vivo IPL 2021. As always, the event is set to start amidst much fanfare with an interesting series-opener match between defending champions, Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore. Like every year, Disney+ Hotstar — the official streaming partner of IPL — holds exclusive digital rights and offers live streaming of IPL.
The good news is that Jio, Airtel, and Vi have prepaid packs with bundled Disney+ Hotstar membership for free live streaming. In case you don’t have a Disney+ Hotstar subscription, you can simply recharge with one of the prepaid plans listed in this article and watch online for free.
Jio IPL cricket recharge plans
Jio has several prepaid packs with free Disney+ Hotstar VIP annual subscription, voice call, and data benefits. Following are the Jio IPL cricket plans, which solves the dilemma of how to watch IPL live.
- Rs 401 Jio Cricket Plan: This pack offers 3GB daily data with additional 6GB data, unlimited voice calls, and 100 SMSes per day. It has a validity of 28 days.
- Rs 598 Jio Cricket Plan: The Rs 598 Jio plan offers 2GB daily data and comes with a validity of 56 days, so you get 112GB mobile data in total. The plan also offers unlimited voice calls and 100 SMSes per day.
- Rs 777 Jio Cricket Plan: This plan offers 131GB total data including 1.5GB daily and 5GB extra data. It has a validity of 84 days and offers unlimited voice calls as well as 100 SMSes per day.
- Rs 2,599 Jio Cricket Plan: This is an annual plan with 365 days validity. Users get 2GB daily data with additional 10GB data free. The plan offers unlimited voice calls and 100 SMSes per day as well.
Jio also has several 4G data packs offering Disney+ Hotstar VIP annual membership. Let’s take a look at these plans below.
- Rs 499 Jio 4G data pack: This pack offers 1.5GB data per day for a validity of 56 days.
- Rs 612 Jio 4G data pack: This pack has no validity of its own and shares the validity of the base pack. Users get a total of 72GB data.
- Rs 1,004 Jio 4G data pack: This data pack comes with a validity of 120 days and offers 50GB data per 30 days, totalling to 200GB.
- Rs 1,206 Jio 4G data pack: The pack comes with a total of 240GB data total. It has a validity of 180 days and offers 40GB data per 30 days.
- Rs 1,208 Jio 4G data pack: This pack has a validity of 240 days divided into eight cycles of 30 days. Users get 30GB per cycle totalling to 240GB data.
Airtel prepaid recharge plans with Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription
If you are an Airtel and are wondering how to watch IPL live, the telco is bundling free Disney+ Hotstar with several of its prepaid plans. These plans start as low as Rs 401 and offer IPL live streaming free through bundled annual VIP subscription.
- Rs 401 Airtel prepaid plan: This is the most basic plan offering 30GB data with 28 days validity. There are no calls and SMS benefits.
- Rs 448 Airtel prepaid plan: This plan comes with 84GB data (3GB daily) and has a validity of 28 days. Other benefits include truly unlimited voice calling, Airtel Xstream Premium access, Wynk Music, Rs 150 off on FasTag, online courses for 1 year with Shaw Academy, and free caller tunes.
- Rs 599 Airtel prepaid plan: This Airtel plan has a validity of 56 days and offers 112GB data (2GB daily). Other benefits are the same as Rs 448 plan.
- Rs 2,698 Airtel Prepaid plan plan: This is an annual plan offering 730GB data(2GB daily) with other benefits remaining the same as above two.
Vi (Vodafone Idea) prepaid recharge plans with Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription
Vi (formerly Vodafone Idea) is the newest telco to hop on to the Disney+ Hotstar bundled plans bandwagon. There are several Vi plan that lets IPL fan watch online for free. Let’s take a look at all Disney+ Hotstar VIP annual combos offered by the company that solves the conundrum of how to watch IPL live.
- Rs 401 Vi prepaid plan: The Rs 401 plan comes with 3GB daily data for 28 days and 16GB additional data for free. Users get truly unlimited calls, weekend data rollover facility, Binge all night, Vi Movies & TV VIP access, and 100 daily SMS.
- Rs 601 Vi prepaid plan: This plan offers 168GB (3GB daily data) plus additional 32GB data for 56 days. Other benefits are the same as Rs 401 plan.
- Rs 801 Vi prepaid plan: The plan provides 252GB high-speed 4G data (3GB per day) plus additional 48GB data. It has a validity of 84 days and offers the same benefits as above.
- Rs 501 Vi prepaid plan: This is the most basic plan with 75GB of data for 56 days. There are no other benefits except for the Disney Plus Hotstar VIP subscription.
How to redeem Flipkart Super Coins to buy Disney+ Hotstar VIP and Premium subscription
Flipkart has a unique reward program for its patrons, where it offers Super Coins for every Rs 100 spent on the website. These Super Coins can be redeemed for rewards, discounts, and offers on various platforms. The e-commerce giant also offers free Disney Plus Hotstar VIP and Premium benefits in exchange for 399, and 1,499 Super Coins, respectively. Below are the steps to redeem the offer.
- Login to your Flipkart account and go to SuperCoin Zone
- Tap on the ‘View All’ button next to the ‘Stay Entertained’ section
- Scroll to the Disney Hotstar offer
- Tap on Claim now
- Flipkart will now send details of a voucher code for this offer to the ‘Offer Zone’ in the Flipkart Plus section
Once you’ve claimed the offer, you can follow the steps below to redeem your free Disney+ Hotstar subscription.
- Visit the dedicated offer page for Flipkart on Hotstar website.
- Sign in to your existing Hotstar account or create a new one
- Enter your unique coupon code provided by Flipkart
- Click ‘Confirm’
Once confirmed, the Disney+ Hotstar Premium or VIP annual membership will be activated for the account with which you logged in.