Reliance Jio is known for its free caller tunes service. If you’re using a Jio SIM card, you can choose from a wide catalogue of tracks and add or remove a caller tune on your number for free. With the introduction of the JioSaavn application, you can select thousands of caller tunes across genres, moods and much more.
In order to add caller tunes to your Jio number, you have to activate JioTunes on your smartphone. Jio Tunes is a free service offered by Jio to all Jio customers. The company allows users to select a wide range of music genres such as Bollywood, international, and more. Users can select any of the caller tunes and set it on their smartphone for free. Here is a step-by-step process of how to set or remove caller tunes on Jio using various methods.
How to set Jio caller tune using My Jio app
The MyJio app offers the easiest way to set a caller tune. Here’s how to do so.
- Open the MyJio app on your smartphone.
- Sign up or login into your Jio user account.
- Once you’re inside the Jio home screen, navigate to the “JioTunes” option and tap on it.
- On the next screen, listen to the caller tune preview and select the one you like.
- Tap on ‘Set as JioTune’.
How to remove Jio Caller tune using My Jio app
You can remove a caller tune using the My Jio app easily as well.
- Open the MyJio app on your smartphone.
- Login to your Jio user account with your password or through the OTP method.
- Once you’re inside the MyJio home screen, navigate to the ‘JioTunes’ option and tap on it.
- On the “My Subscriptions” page, tap on the ‘Deactivate JioTune’ button at the bottom of the screen
- If you see a deactivation confirmation page, tap on the “Yes” button.
- You will get a confirmation pop-up once your request has been submitted on the MyJio app.
How to set Jio caller tune using Jio Saavn app
JioSaavn was introduced to the Google Play Store as a music streaming service app. Now, users can select a song/music from the application and set it as their caller tune right from the app.
- Download and install the JioSaavn app on your smartphone.
- Once installed, open it and log in to your user account.
- If you don’t have a JioSaavn account yet, create one.
- Check out the latest releases section.
- Search or select a song and then tap ‘Set as Jio Tune.’
- Listen to the song preview and tap ‘set as Jio Tune’ again.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll get JioTunes activation SMS on your smartphone.
How to set Jio Tunes using SMS
Users can also set caller tunes for their Jio SIM cards using the SMS service.
- From your smartphone, open the SMS app.
- Type “JT” in the text section and send it to 56789.
- Follow the instructions to search for your preferred caller tune.
- Give the consent to activate the caller tune service by replying with ‘Y’.
- Once completed, you’ll receive a service activation message from Jio.
Remove Jio Tunes using SMS
Jio offers an additional option to cancel the caller tune feature by sending a simple SMS.
- If you no longer wish to use the JioTunes service, open the SMS application on your smartphone.
- Type ‘Stop’ in the message content section and send it to ‘56789’
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and select the “Deactivate” option.
- Jiotunes will be deactivated from your Jio phone number.
- Once you’ve completed the deactivation process, you will receive a confirmation SMS on your mobile phone.
How to set Jio caller tune using IVR number
Jio has multiple IVR set throughout the telecom network catering to various needs of the Jio customers. By connecting to an IVR number, Jio users can change caller tunes, retrieve account information, recharge history and much more.
- On your smartphone, dial 56789.
- Follow the voiced instructions and select the song you want to set as your caller tune.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll receive a confirmation message on your Jio number.
How to remove Jio caller tune using IVR number
Removing a caller tune from Jio is also very simple using IVR. Follow the steps below.
- From your Jio number, dial 155223.
- Follow the IVR instructions and select the “Deactivate” option.
- Follow the instructions and complete the JioTunes deactivation process.
- Once completed, you will receive a confirmation SMS on your Jio number.
- To check the status of Jiotunes, try calling your Jio number and check if you can hear the caller tune or not.
How to copy caller tune in Jio using Star method
The “Star” method is one of the coolest ways to set up the JioTunes on your mobile phone. The method allows you to copy the JioTunes from other users and set it on your Jio number. However, to use this service you have to call someone from your family or friend circle. After that, just copy-paste their caller tune to your Jio number. But that’s not the only good part. By using the star method, you can always change your caller tune for free. If you want to use the same caller tune as your friend then the Jio star method is for you.
- Firstly, call the person with the caller tune you want to copy.
- Quickly press the ‘*’ button before they pick up.
- Give your consent to activate the service.
- Jio will send a confirmation message to your mobile number.
- The caller tune is now activated on your mobile phone.