- Jio Fiber has introduced the “Camera on Mobile” feature
- It lets smart TV users to make video calls by using their phone as webcam
- The feature is available for both Android and iOS users
Jio Fiber users can now make video calls through their smart TVs through the all-new “camera on mobile” feature. It makes it possible for users to make video calls using their iPhones and Android smartphones from their TVs.
To try the new feature, users do not need to install any webcam or external camera. They are simply required to install the JioJoin app (previously known as JioCall) on their phone and use its camera for video calls. The Camera on Mobile feature is made available through the Jio Fiber Voice service that comes bundled with the Jio Fiber service.
Jio Fiber video calling minimum requirements
To make Jio Fiber video calls on TV, users need to Install the JioJoin app on the smartphone through Apple’s App Store or Google Play. The app is compatible only with devices running at least Android 6.0 or iOS 10.0. This will let the app detect the phone as a companion device. Users may experience may some lag on the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band. Hence, Jio Fiber recommends users make video calls on TV through the 5GHz Wi-Fi band.
How to make Jio Fiber video calls on TV
- Login to the JioJoin app using the 10-digit Jio Fiber number (landline number)
- Go to the settings page on the app and enable the “Camera on Mobile” feature
- Initiating a video call through TV will now make use of their smartphone as a webcam
Companies like OnePlus and Xiaomi are now offering an optional accessory that allows users to make video calls through their smart TVs. Jio’s new Camera on Mobile feature is beneficial for smart TVs who do not have a webcam since it can turn the phone’s camera into a webcam using the JioJoin app.
The Jio Fiber’s Voice service has several innovative features compared to conventional landlines such as configuring a landline number on up to 6 devices like smartphones and Jio set-top boxes, parallel ringing on a smartphone with Jio SIM, ISD calls, importing the phone contact book, and making calls using voice commands.