Mukesh Ambani-led telco, Jio launched its premium Jio Postpaid Plus plans starting from Rs 399 last year. These postpaid plans offer unlimited voice and video calls, complimentary OTT apps subscriptions, data rollover up to 500GB and cheap international calls. These are benefits that would make you wonder if you can switch Jio prepaid to postpaid plus plan.
In case you are a Jio prepaid users who are tempted to switch to a postpaid connection, you are in the right place. In this article, we will take you through various methods for upgrading from Jio prepaid to postpaid and vice versa. As mentioned before, Jio Postpaid Plus plans offer tons of additional benefits over a prepaid connection, and here’s how you can upgrade easily.
Jio prepaid to postpaid: how to switch
Switching from Jio prepaid to postpaid is a straight-forward process that anyone can follow. The switch can be done from both online and offline channels. Below are the methods by which you can upgrade to the Jio Postpaid Plus connection from Jio prepaid.
- Reliance Jio Store or Reliance Digital Store
Switch from Jio prepaid to postpaid using website
- Visit the official Jio postpaid plans page
- Scroll down and look for “Existing Jio Prepaid User? Upgrade to Jio Postpaid Plus now”
- Click on ‘Get Now’
- On the next screen, enter your full name and 10-digit existing Jio prepaid number
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’
- On the next screen, enter the OTP received to apply
Once done, your new Jio Postpaid Plus SIM will be delivered to your doorstep with on-spot KYC.
Switch from Jio prepaid to postpaid by visiting Jio Store or Reliance Digital Store
- Visit any nearest Reliance Jio Store or Reliance Digital Store
- Carry your ID proof with you
- At the store ask for the migration of your number from prepaid to postpaid
- Fill the form provided
- The store executive will verify your documents for eKYC
- Once done, you can collect your new Postpaid SIM
Switch from Jio prepaid to postpaid through call
In order to upgrade from Jio prepaid to Jio Postpaid Plus plans, simply call 1800-88998899 from your existing number. Follow the instructions to upgrade from Jio prepaid to postpaid connection.
Jio postpaid to prepaid: how to switch
In case you are already a Jio Postpaid subscriber and want to move to a prepaid connection, it’s quite a simple process as well. You can convert your Jio postpaid number to a prepaid connection through three methods.
- Jio website
- Jio Store
Switch from Jio postpaid to prepaid through Jio website
- Go to the official Jio website
- Click on the ‘Port to Jio’ button under ‘Our Services’ section
- On the next page, enter your name and mobile number
- Enter your address next
- Click on ‘Confirm’
You’ll be contacted by a Jio executive within 2-3 days for further procedure of clearing dues if any, eKYC, and doorstep delivery of the SIM. It takes around seven days for the switch to complete.
Switch from Jio postpaid to prepaid by SMS
- On your phone, open messaging and start a new conversation
- Type PORT <10-digit Jio Postpaid number>
- Send the SMS to 1900 USSD for porting
- You’ll receive a UPC (Unique Porting Code) in SMS
- Visit the nearest Jio or Reliance Digital store
- Provide the UPC and KYC verification code using your Aadhar card number
- The executive will then convert your current Jio postpaid to a prepaid number
Switch from Jio postpaid to prepaid by visiting Jio Store
- Simply walk into the nearest Jio Store
- Carry your ID proof, passport size photographs. and postpaid bill
- You’ll be given a migration form to fill in
- Hand over the required documents and filled form to the executive
- Once the verification is done, you’ll soon receive an IVR call for verification
- Once the verification is done, your prepaid number will be ready to use
Can I change Jio prepaid to postpaid?
Yes, you can easily change your Jio prepaid number to a postpaid connection. You can do so online, through call, and by visiting the nearest Jio store.
How do I port my Jio prepaid to Jio postpaid?
You can port your Jio prepaid to postpaid plans easily from the official Jio website and by calling 1800-88998899. Additionally, you can visit any Reliance Jio Store or Reliance Digital Store for the same.