Have you lost your Jio SIM card or your smartphone with a Jio SIM card inside? If yes, then you must be wondering how to block your Jio number. Don’t panic because there are multiple ways you can block your Jio number. Interestingly, you can also get a new Jio SIM card with the same number and continue using your SIM card like before.
If your SIM card is stolen or lost and you cannot find it using normal methods, blocking it and getting a new SIM card is the best thing you do right now. Furthermore, users can visit their nearest Jio customer care centre to get their old SIM blocked and pick up a new Jio SIM card with the same number. Below, we have outlined the steps to get a new Jio SIM card and block the lost one.
How to block Jio SIM online?
The first method is by far the easiest one as it allows you to block your Jio number in just a few clicks. To begin the process, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
With Jio account
- Go to www.jio.com
- At the top-right corner of the screen and click on Sign In.
- Enter your Jio login credentials and sign in to your Jio account.
- Once you’re inside the user dashboard, click on “My Account”.
- Now, hover your mouse over the gear icon and click on it.
- From the available options, click on “Suspend and Resume.”
- Click on the arrow button and select a reason for blocking/suspending your Jio number.
- Your Jio SIM will be blocked in the next 15 minutes.
Without Jio account
- In case you don’t have a Jio user account, go to this link
- Enter your lost Jio number and click on “Proceed.”
- On the next screen, type in your date of birth or alternate number.
- Jio will send an OTP (One Time Password) to the alternate number to verify the ownership.
- Enter the OTP on the next screen and follow the on-screen instructions to block your Jio number.
How to block a Jio SIM through the Jio Store?
If you prefer going to the Jio Store instead of blocking the SIM card online, go through the step-by-step instructions below.
- Visit your nearest Jio store and ask them to block your current Jio number.
- Provide them with your Jio number and identification proof to authenticate the process.
- Once blocked, you can ask the store employees to issue a new Jio SIM card for you with the same number.
- The new SIM card might take a few minutes to 24 hours to activate.
How to get Jio SIM with the same number?
Once you’ve completed the above-stated steps to block your lost Jio SIM card, follow the instructions below to get a new Jio SIM card with the same mobile number.
- Visit your nearest Jio store or Jio retailer and ask them for a duplicate number.
- Carry your Proof of Identity/Proof of Address documents and a passport size photograph.
- The duplicate number costs Rs 25.
- Insert the new SIM card into your smartphone and complete the initial setup process.
- Once completed, your Jio SIM card will activate in the next few hours.
- This completes the entire process of retrieving the same number with the new Jio SIM card.
How to get Jio SIM replacement?
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to exchange or replace a Jio SIM card via Jio Store.
- Visit your nearest Jio store, or click here to find one
- Carry your identity proof and a photograph with you.
- As exchange your Jio SIM card with a new number and ask the store employee to get you the same number as before.
- Remove the old SIM card from your smartphone and insert the new one.
- Your current Jio SIM card will stop working, and the new SIM will activate in the next 24 hours.
How to block a Jio SIM card from another number?
You can visit Jio Selfcare or contact 1800 88 99999 to block your Jio number using a different SIM card. This method works most of the time and, you can get a new Jio SIM card by visiting your nearest Jio store.