If you have a JioFi dongle, you might need to change your password from time to time for security reasons. The good news is that doing so is pretty easy, and you can use several methods such as the official website, MyJio app, or the online configuration interface of the JioFi device.
More JioFi resources:
JioFi plans 2021: best 4G data recharge plans for JioFi dongle to create Wi-Fi hotspot
JioFi data balance check: how to check JioFi dongle data balance online
Forgot your JioFi number? Here are two easy ways to find it
In case you have a JioFi device and you need to change the password, you’re in the right place. In this article, we will walk you through each method of changing the JioFi password step-by-sty. Read on ahead to know how to change the JioFi password conveniently.
Let’s get the more complicated process out of the way first. Before following the below steps, connect your laptop or smartphone to the JioFi device.
- Once you have connected your device to JioFi, open the web browser
- In the address bar enter http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1
- Click on the login option in the top right corner
- Login by entering ‘administrator’ as both username and password
- Next, click on Network
- Tap on Wi-Fi Configuration
- Click on Secure Key
- Change the password to your liking and click on the Save button
How to change/ reset JioFi dongle password using My Jio app
This is the easiest method to change the JioFi password. Follow the steps below to change your JioFi password in few simple steps.
- Download the MyJio app on your smartphone from the App Store or Play Store
- Connect your smartphone to JioFi
- Open MyJio app
- Tap on My Device section at the bottom
- Click on the Setting icon in the top-right corner
- Select Change Password option below the SSID
- Enter a new password of your liking
- Click Submit
How to know the SSID of the JioFi dongle?
You can check the SSID of your JioFi device inside the battery compartment. The same info is also printed on the packaging of the device.