In December last year, Reliance Jio and Reliance Retail, the two subsidiaries of Reliance Industries, partnered to launch a new e-commerce platform called JioMart. With over 50,000 products in its catalogue, the service promised free express delivery of groceries with no minimum order value. Now, Reliance Jio has announced WhatsApp integration for JioMart, which will enable users to place orders directly from WhatsApp.
The deal comes hot on the heels of Facebook picking up a 9.99 percent stake in Jio. The new service is now live in selected localities of Navi Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan. It is expected to be made available in other areas after the initial testing period.
How to place an order on JioMart
As mentioned above, JioMart’s WhatsApp integration is available only in a few areas in Mumbai as of now. Once the service is made available in other areas, the steps to order should remain the same. Here’s how you can place a WhatsApp order on JioMart.
- Save the number 88500 08000 as ‘JioMart’ on your phone
- Search for the number on WhatsApp, and open up a chat with it. You’ll see a banner on top telling you this is a business account
- Type ‘Hi’ and hit send
- You’ll get an automated reply mentioning the localities being serviced, and a disclaimer that orders placed by 7pm everyday will be available for pickup at your nearest JioMart Kirana within 2 days
- The message also contains a link which takes you to the JioMart page. Note that the link is valid only for 30 minutes, after which it expires and you’ll need to send the ‘Hi’ message once again to initiate the process
- Click on the link, and fill up the form details
- You’ll see a list of available products in your area. Select the ones you want and place the order
- After your order is placed, you’ll get a notification letting you know when your order is available for pickup. You can then collect it from the specified JioMart Kirana store