Lenovo has announced a ‘Made to Order’ service for ThinkPad buyers in India. The service will allow buyers to customise their ThinkPads, from more than 100,000 configurations available on Lenovo’s website. As of now, the service is limited to ThinkPads, however, Lenovo says it will expand the services to all of its laptops within 90 days.
The custom ordered laptops will be assembled in Lenovo’s facility and will be home delivered to customers within two weeks.
Rahul Agarwal, CEO & MD, Lenovo India commented on the announcement saying, “At Lenovo, we understand that in today’s world every individual uses & laptop differently because of which there has been a growing demand for personalized laptops, which cater to specific needs. The launch of this service is a big step in our journey to becoming a truly customer-centric company and will prove to be a compelling proposition for our direct e-commerce business on lenovo.com”
Customisation options are available across the following parameters:
- CPU: AMD/ Intel; Intel CPU Customisation options – Core i3, i5, or i7
- Storage: Standard hard disks / High-speed SSDs
- Graphics: Standard inbuilt graphics/ dedicated AMD/NVIDIA graphics
- Screen: FHD/ UHD, between touch and non-touch panels
- Pre-installed software options: MS Office, Adobe suite, Anti-virus solutions and more
- Accessories: Upgraded extra battery, Ethernet dongles, expansion docks, external monitors and more
- Opt for Premier Support: extended warranty and Accidental Damage Protection
Lenovo ThinkPad customers can head over to this link and follow the steps below
- Choose the base model
- Choose the specifications, upgrades, and accessories
- Finalise the order and get it delivered