If you need to pay your LIC premium, choosing online payment is a fairly simple process and anyone can do it with their debit card or credit card. LIC has a dedicated section on its website for online payment for registered and non-registered users. Moreover, digital transaction sites like Amazon and Paytm also facilitate LIC premium payment online on their platforms.
LIC or Life Insurance Corporation of India is the only public sector investor and most trustworthy name in the life insurance industry. It comes as no surprise that it has an ever-growing list of customers. What is more surprising is that not many know how easy it is to pay LIC premium online, which is evident from long queues outside LIC branch offices. Here we will walk you through the whole process of making LIC premium payment online.
How to pay LIC premium online on the official LIC portal
As mentioned before, LIC allows both registered and non-registered users to make premium payment online on its official website. Let’s take a look at the whole process below.
How to pay LIC premium online: non-registered user
If you are not registered on the LIC website, you can still pay your policy premium on the official website. Here’s how you can do it.
- Visit LIC official website
- Click on ‘Pay Direct (Without login)’
- On the next page, click on the blank bar that says ‘Please select’, choose ‘Premium payment’ from dropdown, and click on ‘Proceed’
- You’ll be taken to the Customer Validation Form where you need to enter policy number, instalment premium, date of birth, email id, and mobile number
- Complete captcha, accept the agreement, and click on ‘Proceed’
- On the next page, verify your policy details and hit ‘Proceed’
- Now, you’ll be asked select your payment option from credit card, debit card, or netbanking
- Take your pick and complete the transaction
How to pay LIC premium online: registered user
If you are already a registered user on the LIC portal, you can follow the process below to pay your LIC premium online.
- Visit LIC official website
- Click on the ‘Through Customer Portal’ option
- Enter your credentials and date of birth, and click on ‘Sign in’
- On the next page, click on the ‘Self/Policies’ option
- You should see the LIC policy renewal/due date, ‘Pay Premium’ option will be shown if the payment is due
- Click on the ‘Pay Premium’ and pick your preferred mode of payment
- Complete the transaction
How to register on LIC Premium online payment portal
In case you have just bought an LIC policy, it’s best to sign up on the portal. Here’s how you can register on the official LIC website.
- Go to the LIC customer portal
- Click on the ‘Don’t have an account? Sign up’ option
- Enter your details like policy number, premium amount (excluding taxes), date of birth, mobile number and your email address
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Your account is registered now
How to login to LIC Premium online payment portal
- Go to LIC customer portal
- Enter your User ID, email ID or mobile number
- Enter your password
- Input your date of birth
- Click on Sign in
How to check the status of the payment
In order to be able to check the status of the LIC premium online payment, users will have to register on the official website through the steps mentioned before. Once registered, follow the below process to check the status.
- Go to the official LIC portal and sign in
- Click on the ‘Policy Status’ option
- You’ll be able to see all your enrolled policies
- Click on the policy of which you want to check the status
- The status and all other necessary information will be displayed
How to download premium receipts
- Visit the LIC website
- Sign in using your credentials
- You will be redirected to LIC’s e-Services’ welcome screen.
- There will be two options – ‘Individual Policy Paid Statement’ and ‘Consolidated Premium Paid Statement’
- Select Individual Policy Paid Statement for a particular policy and Consolidated Premium Paid Statement for all policies
- In case of former, you’ll have to pick the appropriate policy number and for the latter you’ll have to choose the fiscal year
- The receipt can then be downloaded in PDF form
Users can also print the receipt for your convenience and it can work as receipt duplicate in case you don’t have access to your LIC account.
How to pay LIC premium on Amazon
Amazon Pay users can use the platform to pay their LIC Premium online. Below are the steps to pay LIC Premium online on Amazon Pay.
- Open the Amazon app on your smartphone
- Take on the three-line icon in the top-right corner
- Click on Amazon Pay
- Select ‘Explore all’ in the second scroll bar under the ‘Pay Now’ section
- Scroll down to the ‘Insure and Invest’ section
- Select ‘Insurance Premium’ option
- On the next page, select Life Insurance Corporation of India from the dropdown menu
- Enter your Policy number
- Provide email id to receive the receipt
- Click on ‘Fetch Premium’
- Your LIC premium details will be displayed and you can proceed to make online transaction to pay it
LIC premium payment offers on Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is offering 100 percent cashback up to Rs 55 on Premium payments done before April 21st, up to Rs 50 on payments done before May 1st, and up to Rs 30 on payments done before April 2nd. Customers have to choose Amazon Pay UPI to avail this offer and make a minimum payment of Re 1.
How to pay LIC premium on Paytm
Paytm users can also conveniently pay their LIC Premium in few simple steps. Below is the process to pay LIC Premium on Paytm.
- Open Paytm app on your smartphone
- Click on ‘All services’ under ‘My Paytm’ section
- From the side bar, select ‘Recharge and Pay Bills’
- Click on ‘Insurance’
- By default, the app picks LIC of India as insurer
- Enter your policy number and click on ‘Get Premium’
- The app will show you the premium details
- You can now proceed to make payment and complete the transaction
Best Credit Card to Pay LIC Premium Bill
Amazon Pay ICICI credit card
Amazon has tied up with ICICI bank to offer Amazon Pay ICICI credit card to its users. If you use the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card to pay your LIC premium, the bank is offering two percent cashback. There’s no minimum transaction and maximum cashback limit for this. The cashback will be credited to the Amazon Pay balance at the end of the bill cycle.
HDFC Bank credit card
HDFC Bank is offering five percent cashback on automatic payments on BillPay using HDFC Bank Debit/Credit Cards including LIC premium. Users are entitled to a cashback of up to Rs 1,800 with a maximum cap of Rs 150 per month. The cashback offer is valid only for the first 12 months of auto-pay registration.