Meta Verified, the Twitter Blue-like paid verification service from Meta for Facebook and Instagram, is now available in India. The service was earlier rolled out in Australia and other parts of the world and is now made its way to India.
Mark Zuckerberg announced this through the Meta channel on Instagram.
Zuckerberg has also mentioned in the Channel that the previously verified profiles will remain verified and will not require payment to continue the Verified status. This starkly contrasts the Twitter Blue program, where the verified status and blue tick were revoked for previously verified profiles after introducing the new paid program.
Meta Verified will cost Rs 599 monthly in India on Android, iOS, and the web. There’s no difference in payment across devices like Twitter.
Meta Verified will give you these benefits:
- Enhanced Verification
- Proactive protection
- Direct support
- Increased reach
- Exclusive extras
How To Join Meta Verified in India?
To join the Meta Verified program, you have to join the waitlist. Here’s how you can do that:
- Visit the Meta Verified page on Meta.com.
- Click on the Instagram or Facebook button on this page.
(If you select Instagram, ensure you’re on Android or iOS. It isn’t available on the Instagram website.)
- You’ll be asked to join the waitlist on the next page (on Facebook or Instagram). Click on the ‘Join Waitlist’ button.
- You’ll be shown a message stating, ‘You’re on the waitlist.’
- You will be notified on the Facebook or Instagram app once Meta Verified is available on your profile. You will also get an email regarding the same.