Xiaomi has introduced the Mi VR Play headset in India, priced at Rs 999. The new Mi VR Play headset will be available on the Mi Store for sale starting from December 21. The company has announced that a limited edition of headsets will go on sale as well.
Earlier, this headset was first launched in China back in the month of August and finally after 4 months made its way through India. The Mi VR Play headset features a new two-way zipper design to make sure the phone doesn’t fall out of the headset while also making it simple to insert and remove the smartphone from the headset.
The Chinese company claims the Mi VR Play headset to be compatible with Google Cardboard and also allows users to watch 360-degree YouTube videos as well as Mi Live VR livestreams. The Mi VR Play headset also let users click VR photos with Google Cardboard Camera app.
Features of Mi VR Play headset:
- It is wrapped in a lightweight Lycra material which provides advanced durability and long lasting comfort.
- Comes with a unique two-way zipper which locks in phone more securely.
- Compatible with phones with the display size between 4.7-inch to 5.7-inch.
- Comes with dual front openings which allow slight positioning adjustments and ventilation.
- Features anti-reflective lens for the best image quality.
Xiaomi has also announced a live video streaming app in India – Mi Live. This app is available on the Google Play Store. The Mi VR Play headset is also available in six different collections of prints and colors – Denim, Floral, Night Sky, Leopard, Lotus and Camo. However, there’s no word whether these different prints will be available in India or not.