As farmers continue to protest against the new farm laws, the government of India is engaged in the process of outreach. The outreach is not only to the farmers protesting in Delhi but also in the online space. The government is running programs to highlight the importance of farmers. It is even running a quiz called MyGov Farmers First Quiz on the digital platform.
The quiz joins MyGov Patriotic Quiz on Republic Day 2021 and MyGov Test your Road Safety Knowledge Quiz. The quiz aims to promote awareness about farming and agriculture practices. It also aims to spread awareness about new reforms in the field.
MyGov Farmers First Quiz questions and answers
The central theme of the quiz remains the same. Like other quiz on MyGov website, there will be a total of 20 questions and you get 300 seconds (or 5 minutes) to answer them. In other words, we are looking at another timed quiz and if you don’t know the answer to a particular question, you can skip and come back to it later.
There is no negative marking with this quiz but each question is technically scored as one and you can get a maximum score of 20. The winners will be adjudged on the basis of maximum number of correct answers. If two or more participants are tied with the same score then the participant taking the least amount of time to answer all the questions will be chosen as the winner.
The questions for the Farmers First Quiz are randomly selected using a question bank. So, if two people enter the quiz at the same time then the chances of them seeing different questions is high. This interactive quiz is a way for you to test your knowledge about farming.
Want alerts when a new quiz is posted, along with the answers? Follow us on Telegram for timely updates
What is MyGov website and how to find Farmers First Quiz?
In 2014, the government of India launched the MyGov.in website. Available in both Hindi and English, the website is being touted as a citizen engagement platform. The government is using the website to promote active participation of Indian citizens. The website notes that it is a portal to “crowdsource governance ideas from citizens”.
By engagement, the government is talking about various ways the citizens can participate in governmental affairs. It is also one of the many ways to stay updated on government’s work. In order to find the quiz, click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner and select microsites.
Now, navigate to the Quiz section and you will see all the quiz running by the MyGov website. Scroll down a little to find the Farmers First Quiz. Before you start, do read the instructions carefully.
What is MyGov Farmers First Quiz?
The Farmers First Quiz on MyGov website is an initiative by the Union Government to create awareness about farming, agricultural practices, new reforms and myths or facts related to policies. This interactive quiz is being held from December 21st, 2020 to January 31st, 2021. There are a total of four prizes to win.
- 1st Prize: Rs 2 lakhs
- 2nd Prize: Rs 1 lakh
- 3rd Prize: Rs 50,000
- Consolation Prize: Rs 5,000 each for 10 winners participants
The MyGov Farmers First Quiz contains multiple choice questions based on the farming practices, reforms and technology used in today’s agricultural practices. Any individual can participate only once in the competition. All one needs to do is answer all the 20 questions correctly in 300 seconds.
MyGov Farmers First Quiz: how to play
The MyGov website notes that the participation in this quiz is voluntary and it is designed to test your knowledge about farming practices in the country. You will be required to provide your name, email address, telephone number and postal address. When you share these details, you give consent to these details being used for the quiz. Here is how any interested person can participate:
- Visit the MyGov.in website.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner and select microsites.
- Now, select the quiz section and click on Farmers First Quiz.
- Alternatively, you can also click on this link to go to the quiz directly.
- Read the instructions and start the quiz.
MyGov Farmers First Quiz: terms and conditions
- The quiz is open to all from December 21st, 2020 to January 31st, 2021.
- This is a timed quiz with 20 questions to be answered in 300 seconds.
- One entrant can participate only once and there will be no negative marking.
- As soon as you press the Start Quiz button, the timer will start and all questions are available in English only.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the quiz at any time.
- The selected question is shown in blue border while the skipped question is shown in yellow border.
- If multiple participants have the same number of correct answers then the participant who took the least amount of time will be adjusted as the winner.
- An entry once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Indian judiciary.