As students prepare to appear for their final exams amidst the pandemic, the government is doing its best to motivate them. As part of this initiative, the government has announced the Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest. This contest is catering not only to students but also to parents and teachers. If you ever wanted to set aside things and be competitive, this contest is calling you.
The Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest is being held by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and Government of India. While we have covered a number of quiz and tasks being conducted by the MyGov website, this particular contest is part of the “Innovate India” section of the website.
MyGov Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest: here’s what you should know?
The Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest is being held from February 18th, 2021 till March 14th, 2021. If you are a school student from Class 9 to Class 12 then you are eligible to participate in this contest. If you are following the space then you would know that the Pariksha Pe Charcha contest comes with the opportunity to interact with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
“The interaction every youngster is waiting for is back. Pariksha Pe Charcha with Prime Minister Narendra Modi is coming soon!,” the organisers note on their website. This time around, the contest is being tweaked to allow parents and teachers to interact with the PM as well. If you have ever wanted to talk with the PM directly then this could be your golden ticket.
MyGov Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest: eligibility criteria, time period and prizes to win
As mentioned earlier, the contest is open to students studying in Class 9, Class 10, Class 11 and Class 12. The parents of these students can also participate in this contest. If you are a teacher teaching students in the Class 9 to 12 then you can also participate in the contest. The content went live on February 18th and will conclude on March 14th, 2021.
With this contest, a total of 1,500 students, 250 parents and 250 teachers will be selected as winners from among all the participants. These winners will get the opportunity to be a direct participant in the Pariksha Pe Charcha virtual event along with the Prime Minister. Each winner will also get a specially designed Certificate of Appreciation.
Every winner, according to the contest organisers, will also get a special Pariksha Pe Charcha Kit. A small group of students from among the winners will get the opportunity to directly interact with the Prime Minister and ask him questions. Each of these select participants will also get a digital souvenir of their autographed photograph along with the Prime Minister.
MyGov Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest: themes of the contest
The contest has been broken down into themes, which is further divided into groups. There is a different theme for students, parents and teachers. Students can participate in only one theme specified for them and they should not exceed the word limit mentioned for each activity. Here is a look at the themes:
Themes for Students:
- Activity 1: Draw a scene depicting a festival around your favourite subject.
- Activity 2: Imagine your friend visits your city for three days. What memories would you create for him or her in each of the following categories?
Places to See: (In not more than 500 characters)
Food to Relish: (In not more than 500 characters)
Experiences to remember: (In not more than 500 characters)
- Activity 3: Describe the most memorable experiences of your school life in not more than 1500 characters
- Activity 4: If there was no restriction on resources or opportunities, what would you do for society and why? Submit a write up in not more than 1500 characters
- Activity 5: Write ‘Gratitude Cards’ for those whom you are grateful to in not more than 500 characters
Question to PM – Submit a question of your choice related to dealing with examination stress that you’ll like to ask the Prime Minister in not more than 500 characters.
Themes for Parents:
- Activity 1: Write a story about the vision you share with your child for his or her future. Let your child write the first sentence. Then you write the next and so on. (In not more than 1500 characters)
- Activity 2: Write a postcard to your child and let him or her know why they are special. (In not more than 500 characters)
Themes for Teachers:
- Activity: Submit a creative write-up on the topic in about 1500 characters
MyGov Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest: how to participate
Before we proceed with the step to participate in this contest, students must first register themselves on the MyGov platform. If you are participating from outside India, registration can be done using OTP sent on email ID. Once you have done this, here is how you can proceed to participate.
- Go to the contest link page.
- Click on the Login to Participate option. Please note that there is a different option for students, teachers and parents.
- If you are a registered user then Login using your Email ID or Mobile Number.
- If you are a new user then click on the “Register Now” button and create your account first.
- Once you login, you will be able to submit your responses on any one of the themes selected from the list above.
MyGov Pariksha Pe Charcha 2021 contest: terms and conditions
- The participation is open for school students of Classes 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th only.
- Students can participate in only one theme specified for them.
- For each activity, the students should not exceed the mentioned word limit.
- Students should submit responses that are original, creative and simple.
- The question to the Prime Minister should not exceed 500 characters.
- The participating students may use mobile numbers of their parents or teachers for OTP.
- Any false representation or submission of any wrong information by any participant will disqualify their participation in PPC 2021.
- The entry must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Responsibility for corrupt or late entry and liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced contents shall lie solely on the participant.
- All the entries submitted by the contestants can be used by MoE and MyGov on social media or website or in any other form that may be needed.
- One teacher may login and enable one or more students (one at a time) by submitting the correct student details and their entries.
- Upon clicking the ‘Participate through Teacher’ tab, teachers will be able to view the status of all submissions made by him or her.