Netflix plans in India are quite comprehensive in the sense that there’s a plan available for nearly everyone. Starting from as low as Rs 199, Netflix plans go up to Rs 999 for the top-end ultra HD plan. Interested users can pick one depending on the type of device they will stream Netflix on and how many users will be streaming from the account.
The popular OTT platform is offering four Netflix subscription plans to users in the country, namely Mobile, Basic, Standard, and Premium. With the ongoing pandemic and people still largely stuck at home, OTT platforms like Netflix have become the go-to source for entertainment for many. In case you are looking to subscribe to Netflix, here’s a list of all Netflix plans in India and a list of subscription offers with free Netflix.
Netflix plans in India
Netflix has five plans available for users in the country starting from Rs 199. Below is the list of all Netflix India plans.
- Netflix Rs 199 Mobile plan
- Netflix Rs 299 Mobile+ Plan
- Netflix Rs 499 Basic plan
- Netflix Rs 649 Standard plan
- Netflix Rs 799 Premium Plan
Netflix Rs 199 Mobile plan
This is the most basic Netflix plan and is priced at Rs 199 per month. While the plan offers unrestricted access to the whole catalogue of Netflix, there are a few restrictions in place. For starters, the plan can be used to watch content only on mobile devices which includes smartphones and tablets. Moreover, users can stream content only in Standard Definition (SD) resolution and only on one screen at a time. Users will have to pay Rs 2,388 for this Netflix yearly plan.
Netflix Rs 299 Mobile+ plan
The Netflix Rs 299 Mobile+ plan is being tested by Netflix India in the country and is available only to a select few users. The plan is priced at Rs 299 and offers the same benefits as the basic Mobile plan. However, users who subscribe to this plan will be able to stream content in HD resolution instead of SD.
Netflix Rs 499 Basic plan
Next up is the Netflix Basic plan priced at Rs 499 per month. For a premium of Rs 300, users will be able to stream content on laptop and TV too, apart from mobile devices. However, other conditions remain the same as the mobile plan including SD resolution, and 1 screen allowed at a time. In case you want to purchase Netflix yearly subscription for this particular plan, you’ll have to pay Rs 5,988.
Netflix Rs 649 Standard plan
The Netflix Standard plan is priced at Rs 649 per month and it bumps the number of screens allowed for concurrent viewing to two. Additionally, the Netflix Standard plan also lets users enjoy their favourite shows and movies in High Definition (HD) resolution. Users who subscribe to this plan can enjoy streaming on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and TVs. The Netflix annual subscription for this plan costs Rs 7,788.
Netflix Rs 799 Premium plan
This is the most premium of all Netflix plans in India priced at Rs 999 per month and Rs 9,588 for a year. Users will be able to stream on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and TVs using this plan. Additionally, the account comes with support for four screens, which means four users can stream from the same id at the same time. Lastly, the Rs 799 Netflix subscription in India allows users to enjoy streaming in 4K resolution.
Netflix subscription price in India and benefits
|Netflix Plan||Price (monthly)||Number of screens||Supported resolution||Type of device|
|Mobile||Rs 199||1||SD||Mobiles, tablets|
|Mobile+||Rs 299||1||HD||Mobiles, tablets|
Mobiles, tablets, laptops, TVs
Mobiles, tablets, laptops, TVs
|Premium||Rs 799||4||Ultra HD|
Mobiles, tablets, laptops, TVs
Netflix Free subscription offers
Currently, only Jio and Vi are offering bundled Netflix membership, and only with postpaid plans. Below are the list of Jio and Vi postpaid plans with free Netflix recharge.
Netflix Jio bundle plans
Jio‘s Postpaid Plus plans come with a bundled Netflix Mobile plan worth Rs 199 per month. Below are all the Jio plans with free Netflix.
- Rs 399 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: 75GB data, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, 200GB data rollover, Netflix Mobile, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar
- Rs 599 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: 100GB data, additional SIM card as part of Family plan, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, 200GB data rollover, Netflix Mobile, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar
- Rs 799 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: 150GB data, two additional SIM card as part of Family plan, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, 200GB data rollover, Netflix Mobile, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar
- Rs 999 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: 200GB data, three additional SIM card as part of Family plan, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, 500GB data rollover, Netflix Mobile, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar
- Rs 1,499 Jio Postpaid Plus plan: 300GB data, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day, 500GB data rollover,international roaming in the USA and UAE, Netflix Mobile, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar
Netflix Vi (Vodafone Idea) bundle plans
Vi or Vodafone Idea also offers a bundled Netflix plan but only with one postpaid plan. Below are the details of the Vi RedX postpaid plan.
- Rs 1,099 Vi postpaid plan: Netflix 1 year plan, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar VIP, and Vi Movies & TV VIP subscription, unlimited calls, unlimited data, 100 SMS/day, international and domestic lounge access four times a year, 7-day international roaming pack worth Rs 2999 once a year
How to buy Netflix subscription
Buying any one of the available Netflix packages is a straightforward process. You need to sign up on the platform through a web browser and set up payment option. After that, you can log in to the Netflix app on any device using the registered account. Below are the steps to sign up on Netflix.
- Open the web browser on your device and visit the Netflix Signup page
- Enter your email id and set up your password
- Select the plan you wish to subscribe to
- Set up your payment option
- You are now subscribed to Netflix
You can use the email ID provided and the password to log in to Netflix on any device.
How to cancel Netflix subscription
Just like signing up, cancelling the Netflix subscription also is a simple process. However, the subscription can only be cancelled from a web browser and below are the steps to do so.
- Visit the Netflix sign-in page on a web browser
- Use your Netflix credentials to sign in
- Click on the relevant user profile
- Click on your name in the top-right corner and select account
- You’ll see ‘Cancel Membership’ button under Membership & Billing, tap on it to unsubscribe
Netflix Originals in India
Netflix not only hosts a rich catalogue of TV shows and movies but also has an ever-growing list of what is called Netflix Originals. Netflix Originals are movies and TV shows commissioned and produced by Netflix. In layman’s terms, these shows and movies are exclusive to Netflix and are one of the major draws for the platform.
The list of Netflix Originals in India includes popular shows like Sacred Games, Ghoul, Selection Day, Delhi Crime, Leila, Typewriter, Bard of Blood, Jamtara, Taj Mahal 1989, She, Hasmukh, Betaal, Masaba Masaba, Mismatched, Bhaag Beanie Bhaag, and Bombay Beghums, among others.
Netflix also has some popular movies under its Originals listings. These include Ludo, AK vs AK, Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, The Girl on the Train, Pagglait, and Ajeeb Daastaans, to name a few.
Netflix plans in India FAQs
How much does Netflix cost per month in India?
Netflix has various plans for individuals with varying requirements. Netflix plans in India vary from Rs 199 to Rs 799 a month.
Which Netflix plan is best?
Which Netflix plan is best depends on your usage. If you plan to watch Netflix personally on a mobile device, the Netflix Mobile plan is the best for you. In case you want to personally watch Netflix on TV and mobile, the Basic plan will meet your requirement. The Netflix Standard and Premium plans are best for those who want to high-resolution content on most devices and want to share the plan with friends and family.
Is there a Netflix free trial in India?
While Netflix free trial was a good way for interested users to try the service before subscribing, Netflix has discontinued the free trial in India. With Netflix plans starting from as low as Rs 199, users can simply sign up for the base plan and if they don’t like it, they can cancel online anytime without any cancellation fees.