Samsung recently launched its companion app for the new Samsung Gear 360 (2017). The app, which is called Samsung Gear 360 (New), is now available for Android users. It has been a couple of weeks since Samsung unveiled its new Gear 360 rotating camera at the company’s Unpacked event held in New York. (Also read: Top announcements from March 29th Samsung Unpacked event).
Samsung, besides the Galaxy S8 and S8+ launch, made it easier to record 4K 360-degree videos, thanks to its whole new Gear 360 4K camera. It features a 15-megapixel sensor and two fish-eye lenses. Design-wise, it boasts of a non-moving grip handle and weighs 130 grams. What’s more, it comes with IP53 rated water and dust protection.
Coming to Samsung’s Gear 360 companion app, it lets you record 360-degree rotating videos and later view/share them on your smartphone. Interestingly, the app is compatible with both the new and older Gear 360. The ‘New’ app, however, doesn’t support NFC feature for the older Gear 360.
Features of the Samsung Gear 360 (New) App:
- Connect to and disconnect from Gear 360.
- Shoot remotely with your Gear 360 and preview the recording.
- View content saved on your Gear 360 and save it to your smartphone.
- Share your created content.
- Live broadcast your content (new Gear 360 only).
- Check Gear 360 status and settings.
- Sync Date and Time, as well as GPS data.
- Sync with Gear VR.