- Another incident of OnePlus Nord 2’s exploding has been reported in India
- The victim has suffered severe burns
- OnePlus has released a statement and is in process of investigating the issue
The OnePlus Nord 2 is in the news again with another device reportedly exploding in India. A boy from Dhule, Maharashtra has sustained what appear to be severe burns when the Nord 2 reportedly blasted in the pocket of his jeans. On behalf of the boy, a user has shared photos of the charred unit of the phone and the victim’s burns on Twitter.
The Nord 2 was announced in July as the successor to last year’s OnePlus Nord. Since its launch, multiple instances of Nord 2’s exploding have been reported in India. As far as the current incident is concerned, Pricebaba reached out to OnePlus and the brand has shared a statement.
OnePlus Nord 2 blasts causing severe burns
@OnePlus_IN Never expected this from you #OnePlusNord2Blast see what your product have done. Please be prepared for the consequences. Stop playing with peoples life. Because of you that boy is suffering contact asap. pic.twitter.com/5Wi9YCbnj8
— Suhit Sharma (@suhitrulz) November 3, 2021
The above-shown images indicate that a component may have malfunctioned on the left side of the OnePlus Nord 2 (review). The explosion caused severe burns to the users’ thigh as can be seen in the fourth image in the tweet. The person who shared the above images said that OnePlus is constantly in touch with him and the victim. He also mentioned that the R&D team of the company is working on the case with them to resolve the issue.
OnePlus commented on the issue saying, “We take such incidents seriously. Our team has already reached out to the user and we are in the process of collecting the details to investigate this further.”
OnePlus Nord 2 explosions: previous cases
In August, the first instance of a Nord 2 explosion surfaced in India. At that time, the company claimed that it was caused due to “external factors.” The same month, there was news about another Nord 2 exploding, however when OnePlus investigated the issue it discovered that the case was false and there was no OnePlus product involve.
In September, the Nord 2 exploded in the robe of an Indian lawyer named Gaurav Gulati. A tweet from the lawyer revealed that the company had served him a legal notice claiming that he is trying to defame the company with a smear campaign. Later, the same month, a user from Kerala shared photos of an exploded OnePlus Nord 2 Warp Charger. He claimed that the charger blast while he was using it. After investigation, OnePlus said that the explosion was caused due to a result of voltage fluctuation and the user was offered a replacement.
The new incident of Nord 2 blast is yet to another that the device may not be safe for use. Hence, owners of the Nord 2 are advised to take precautions while using it.