Today, OnePlus has announced the new OxygenOS 4.0.3 update for the flagship devices OnePlus 3 and 3T. This is an incremental OTA update which will start rolling out in coming days. The update will reach a small percentage of users today, and the company will begin a broader rollout in a few days.
Here are the highlights of this new update:
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
OnePlus has also pointed out some known issues and bugs regarding WiFi disconnections which you may encounter after this OxygenOS 4.0.3 update. So, here is the solution for these known issues.
- If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections, please go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi (Top right hand corner) > Scroll to bottom of the page and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines)> If the IP address is IPv6 based, then turn off the IPv6 Support toggle and see if the disconnections stop.
- If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections due to switches between WiFi and data, please try turning off the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher at Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi and see if the disconnections stop.