- An OPPO A53 unit allegedly exploded in a man’s pocket
- The customer was seriously injured after the incident
- OPPO has acknowledged the matter on Twitter
An OPPO A53 unit exploded in the pocket of an Indian customer on Friday. The news was shared by TechnicalDost on his YouTube channel. The customer whose name is Jitender suffered injuries due to the smartphone blast.
Smartphone explosions are not a new phenomenon, and in some cases result in severe injuries to the customer. We have reached out to OPPO for a statement on the A53 explosion and will update this post when they respond.
Hi Hitesh, we're concerned to see this and would do our best to look into this. Kindly get in touch with us via DM and share some details so that we can take this ahead.https://t.co/rVaRhp8pRy
— OPPO Care India (at 🏡) (@OPPOCareIN) June 4, 2021
OPPO A53 explodes in Delhi man’s pocket
The OPPO A53 debuted last August. As per the bill shown in the video, the smartphone was purchased from an offline retailer on August 27th last year. The device is still under warranty and the reason for its explosion is unknown yet. The customer revealed that he used the bundled OPPO charger to top up the phone. He also added that he used the smartphone minimally.
The customer who is an auto driver said that he was driving when the smartphone heated up in the pocket of his trouser. The explosion happened while he tried to quickly remove the phone. It left a hole in his trouser pocket as well as on a handkerchief. The user not only suffered burns on one leg due to the blast, but also injured the other leg and fractured his foot after the auto he was driving toppled over due the incident.
The OPPO A53’s back panel and battery unit were also damaged due to the blast. We are awaiting for OPPO’s response on the matter.