- This new software is based on Android 13 beta
- The rollout comes days after Google updated Pixel devices with Android 13 (stable)
- Devices like the Find X5 and the Find X5 Pro will be the first to get ColorOS 13
With Google releasing the stable version of Android 13 for Pixel devices this week, OPPO is now joining the fray with the global version of ColorOS 13. The software is based on Android 13 beta, while featuring a handful of new visual and functionality additions, including the new “Aquamorphic Design” UI, which the company claims is inspired by the fluidity of water.
OPPO ColorOS 13 Features
ColorOS 13 includes some big upgrades for phones that support always-on display, while there are some Material You elements included as well. The aforementioned Aquamorphic Design adds rounded corners to widgets and the overall UI, while iconography and animations have been updated, too.
Customers will welcome the addition of Bitmoji and the music player widget for the always-on display. However, options are limited to Spotify or OPPO’s default music player for the time being. Another big inclusion here is detailed statistics on the use of the always-on display, including information on how often the display was unlocked.
Some new security and privacy improvements are onboard with ColorOS 13. The new software automatically blurs contact names and images from chat screenshots. This allows users to share chat screenshots without worrying about exposing the identity of the person in the chat. Furthermore, customers of other OPPO devices, such as the OPPO Pad Air tablet, and Windows computers can access an all-new multi-screen functionality.
OPPO ColorOS 13 Availability
The ColorOS 13 update would be available first on the OPPO Find X5 and the Find X5 Pro later this month, the company said in a press release. OPPO further said that 35 of its phones will get the update by the end of 2022, potentially reaching up to 160 million users. Lastly, the software would reach roughly 20 smartphones by 2023.
Here’s when your OPPO phone will get the new update:
- Find X5 Pro and Find X5 (August)
- Find X3 Pro and Reno8 Pro 5G (September)
- Reno8 5G, Reno7 Pro 5G, Reno7 5G, Reno7, and Reno6 5G (October)
- F21 Pro, K10 5G, A77 5G, and A76 (October)
- Reno7 Z 5G, Reno6 Pro 5G, Reno6 Pro 5G Diwali Edition, Reno6 Z 5G, Reno5 Pro 5G, and Reno5 Pro (November)
- F21 Pro 5G, F19 Pro+, K10, and A96 (November)
- Find X5 Lite 5G, Find X3 Neo 5G, Find X3 lite 5G, Find X2 Pro, OPPO Find X2 Pro Automobili Lamborghini Edition, and Find X2 (December)
- Reno8, Reno8 Z 5G, Reno5 5G, and Reno5 Z 5G (December)
- A94 5G (Elsa), and A74 5G (December)
Meanwhile, owners of the Oppo Pad Air, Reno8 Lite 5G, Reno7 Lite 5G, Reno7 A, Reno6, Reno6 Lite, Reno5, Reno5 Marvel Edition, Reno5 F, Reno5 Lite, Reno5 A, F19 Pro, F19, F19s, A95, A94, A77, A74, A57, A57s, A55, A54 5G, A54s, A53s 5G, and A16s should see the update sometime in the first half of 2023. OPPO hasn’t provided a specific update rollout date for these devices yet.