Paytm was the pioneer of starting digital payments in India back in August 2010. However, users who switch to apps like PhonePe or Gpay might want to delete their Paytm accounts. If you have a Paytm account that you do not use anymore and looking to deactivate permanently, then you’re in the right place.
Although to delete or close your Paytm account permanently, you must send a request to Paytm. After that, make sure you have no balance on Paytm before sending closer requests. However, before we tell you how to delete your Paytm account, you must first make sure that there is no balance in your account. You have the option to either spend this money or deposit it into your bank account.
How to delete the Paytm account?
- As we have already mentioned, you will first have to request Paytm to close your account. To do that, log in to your Paytm account with your credentials.
- On the home screen, click the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Now tap on the 24 Hour Help.
- After that, tap on ‘Profile Settings’.
- Select ‘I want to close/delete my account.’
- Choose ‘I do not use this Paytm account.’
- To close your account, go to the ‘Message us’ link and submit a request.
After completing all of these steps, Paytm will validate your request and, if everything is in order, will delete your account.
Is it possible to restore the deactivated Paytm account?
Unfortunately, it is impossible to reactivate a deactivated account because your ID and password are no longer valid. This means that once your Paytm account is deleted, you will not be able to use it in the future, and to use Paytm, you will have to create a new account.
Another point to remember is that Paytm is mandated by the government to store all transaction data for up to ten years after an account is deleted. If the government makes a legal request, the information will be disclosed to it but not to anybody else.
How to delete Paytm History?
There are no method to delete Paytm transaction history. Stay away from anyone who claims that they will help you in deleting your Paytm history. Most likely, they will be scammers trying to access your account. There’s only one way to keep your Paytm transaction history safe: permanently delete your Paytm account because it will erase all of your data, including your transaction history. We have already shared a step by step guide on how to delete the Paytm account above.
How to delete bank account from Paytm?
If you want to remove your bank account from Paytm instead of deleting your account permanently, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Paytm app on your Android or iOS device.
- Head over to your Paytm profile and select Payment methods.
- Now you will be able to see all the UPI IDs, Bank accounts, Credit cards, and Debit cards linked with your Paytm account.
- Select the Bank Account that you want to delete, and tap on Remove Account option, proceed with that.
Note: If you have more than one account then you will have to remove each account one-by-one. Apart from that if in case you face any trouble while removing bank accounts then please try again after some time or you can contact Paytm customer care. Some recommended that you should delete the bank accounts first and then head over to the deleting the Paytm account. However, it is not mandatory to so.