- Paytm now offers vaccination slot booking inside the app
- Users can search for and book an appointment in one go
- The new feature can be accessed in the Vaccine Slot Finder tool
Paytm now lets users book a COVID-19 vaccination slot on the app itself. The payments platform added the new feature to its Vaccine Slot Finder tool that was launched last month. The tool allowed people to search for vaccination slots easily and also get notified on the availability, but unfortunately didn’t let people book the slots on the app.
With the new feature, users can just complete the vaccine registration process on the app instead of heading to the CoWIN portal for booking the slot.
Paytm now lets you book a COVID-19 vaccination slot directly from the app
Paytm uses CoWIN integration to gather and display data related to vaccination centres. The vaccine slot tool is available on both the Android and iOS apps. However, there is no web version of the same yet. The ability to book the vaccine slot in one shot on the app is quite helpful since slots get filled up in a matter of minutes.
The new feature works for users who are eligible to get the jab, so any Paytm user who is above the age of 18 years and able to register on CoWIN should be able to book through the app. Users can book their vaccination slots for both Covaxin and Covishield doses.
How to book a COVID-19 vaccination slot on Paytm
To find and book a COVID-19 vaccination slot on Paytm, just follow the steps below.
- Open the Paytm app and scroll down to the Mini App Store section
- Select the ‘Vaccine Finder’ option and inside the window and select the required details like PIN code (state or district), age group and first or second dose.
- Paytm will ask for a mobile number and OTP registered with CoWIN
- The app will display a list of available vaccine slots at centres at your selected location. Select a slot at a hospital of your choice on your preferred date
- Choose from a list of time slots on your preferred date of appointment
- Add the beneficiary from your list and click ‘Schedule Now’
Once the vaccination slot is booked, you will get a message on the registered phone number confirming the appointment.