Paytm Transit Card has been launched as the Paytm Payments Bank Limited’s (PPBL) second mass transit category. The first one was the PPBL FASTags, which made PPBL the first bank in India to issue over 1 crore FASTags. And from the looks of it, the bank is set to hit it out of the park with the newly launched Paytm Wallet Transit Card as well. The new card comes with the motto of ‘One Card, One Nation’, which is quite self-explanatory.
The Paytm Transit Card will allow users to carry just one physical card for day-to-day needs. From parking fees to withdrawing money from ATMs, the universal card will facilitate all sorts of transactions across the country. This new initiative from Paytm is a step towards making banking and daily transactions easy for Indian citizens. Here’s everything you need to know about the newly launched Paytm Transit Card.
Paytm Transit Card: what is it?
The Paytm Transit Card is a universal card launched by the Paytm Payments Bank. The card has been launched with the motto of ‘One Nation, One Card’, which means it can be used for multiple purposes. Paytm says that the card can be used for anything from travelling in metros, buses, and trains, to paying toll and parking charges. Apart from these, users can make payments at offline and online stores as well as withdraw cash from ATMs.
In the first phase of its rollout, Paytm has collaborated with Hyderabad Metro Rail, Ahmedabad Metro, and the Delhi Airport Express Line. Paytm has assured that the card will be applicable across all metros in the country in the near future.
Satish Gupta, MD and CEO, Paytm Payments Bank Ltd said, “The launch of the Paytm Transit Card will enable millions of Indians with the power of one single card that takes care of all transportation as well as banking needs. This will drive financial inclusion and accessibility for all. We are glad to be a part of the NCMC initiative and will continue to work towards the digitization of the transit ecosystem in the country while driving the adoption of smart mobility solutions.”
Paytm Transit Card: how to buy?
Paytm Transit Card is available for purchase at designated sales points. The bank has also introduced a digital process to apply, recharge, and track all transactions of the card on the Paytm App itself. You’ll need to apply for the card first and then activate it. The physical card will be delivered at the doorstep of the user. Below are the steps to buy Paytm Transit Card online.
- Head to NCMC application form link
- Enter your details like name, email, mobile number, and city
- Click on Apply Now
- Now, you’ll need to head to the Paytm app after a few hours and activate the card
- There will be an option to order a physical wallet transit card (coming soon)
- Click on the option and complete the process
- The physical card will be home delivered
Paytm Transit Card: how to activate?
You must be wondering how to activate the Paytm Transit Card after you have applied for it on the NCMC application form link. The process is quite straightforward and can be done from the Paytm app itself. Here are the steps to activate Paytm Transit Card online.
- Head to Paytm app on your smartphone
- Click on Paytm Wallet under On
- Scroll down until you see the Exclusive Paytm Wallet Transit Card banner
- Click on Activate Now
- You’ll be taken to the dedicated Paytm Transit Card section
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Activate
- Enter your Paytm Bank PIN on the next page
- Your card will now be activated automatically
Paytm Transit Card: how to recharge?
One of the major benefits of the Paytm Transit card is that users don’t have to create a separate account to use it for transit, payments, and cash withdrawals. The Paytm Wallet of the users is linked to the card and users simply need to keep their wallet topped up in order to continue using the Paytm Transit Card. In case you are not aware, here are the steps to topup Paytm wallet.
- Open Paytm app on your smartphone
- Click on the Paytm Wallet button under My Paytm
- On the next page, enter the desired amount under Add Money (say Rs 1,000)
- You can turn on automatic top-up by checking the box against Automatically add Rs 1,000 when wallet balance goes below Rs 200
- Now click on Add Rs 1,000 & Set Automatic
- Select your mode of transaction and click on Pay Rs 1,000 to subscribe
- Complete the security procedure
- Your wallet is now topped up
Paytm Transit Card: how to use?
The Paytm Transit Card can be used simply like a normal debit or metro card. At metro stations, users can simply tap the card on the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates to travel. For online transactions, users can use the netbanking option using the card details and for offline transaction they can swipe the card in POS machines.
Paytm Transit Card FAQs
Which metros support Paytm Transit Card?
In the initial phase, the Paytm Transit Card is available for Delhi Airport Express Line, Ahmedabad Metro, and Hyderabad Metro. However, the card will be accepted by all metros across the country soon.
How much are Paytm Transit Card charges?
The Paytm Transit Card is free and anyone can apply for it. However, in order to use the card, users need to have sufficient balance in their Paytm Wallet.