PhonePe is one of India’s most popular digital wallet platforms established back in 2015. However, it’s quite possible that users who made a switch to apps like Paytm or Gpay might want to deactivate their PhonePe accounts. If you have a PhonePe account that you’re looking to deactivate permanently, you’re in the right place.
In order to completely deactivate your PhonePe account, you’ll need first to disconnect your bank account from the PhonePe account and then deactivate the PhonePe account. Additionally, for more privacy, users can also choose to clear their transaction history on the app. In this article, we will walk you through how to remove your linked bank account, deactivate your PhonePe account, and clear your PhonePe history.
How to remove bank account from PhonePe
In order to completely deactivate your PhonePe account, you must first disconnect your bank account from your the account. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Open the PhonePe app and click on My Money option at the bottom
- On the next page, click on Bank Accounts under Payments section
- Click on the bank account you want to remove
- Scroll down the page and click on Unlink Bank Account
- Click on Unlink on the pop-up that comes up
If you have more than one bank account associated with your PhonePe account, you can unlink then one-by-one by following the above steps. Once you have unlinked your bank accounts, you can proceed to deactivate the PhonePe account.
How to deactivate PhonePe account
To deactivate the PhonePe account, you have to follow very simple steps listed below.
- Open the PhonePe app
- Tap on the ‘?‘ icon in the top right corner
- Click on My account and KYC option on the next page
- Tap on Account-related issues
- Click My PhonePe Account Details
- Next, click on Deleting my PhonePe account
- On the next page, select either I want to change my PhonePe mobile number or I have another PhonePe account
- When you choose one of the above two options, you’ll see a Deactivate PhonePe account button, click on it
- You’ll be asked to confirm if you wish to deactivate your account, select yes
- You’ll then be asked if you have zero balance in your PhonePe account, if all your bank accounts, cards, addresses have been removed, and if you have any active autopay or payment reminders
- In case you have zero balance, removed all your data and have no autopay, your account deactivation request will be sent to the concerned team
- It will take seven days for the team to review your request and deactivate the account
The procedure is the same for the PhonePe official website as well, however, it’s much more convenient if done through the mobile app.
Is it possible to restore the deactivated PhonePe account?
According to the statutory warning that pops-up during the deactivation of the PhonePe account, unfortunately you can’t reactive an account once it has been deactivated. You will have to create a new account instead.