PS5 will soon be back in stock in India as Sony has announced the next pre-orders for the PS5 Digital Edition and Standard Edition opens on June 23rd at 12pm sharp. Notably, this is the fourth time that the PlayStation 5 will be back in stock in India and the second time for the Digital Edition. Sony’s official retail website, ShopAtSC has announced that the pre-orders placed on June 23rd will start shipping on July 3rd.
Apart from Sony’s ShopAtSC, Amazon India, Games The Shop, Prepaid Gamer Card, and Vijay Sales have confirmed that pre-orders will go live on the same date at the same time. However, Croma, Flipkart, and Reliance Digital are yet to announce the same. Considering the high demand, anticipation, and past pre-order history, expect PS5 to run out of stock pretty quickly.
If you are also eyeing the most-anticipated gaming console of the year, a little prep will help you successfully pre-book one. Here are some tips and tricks to help you successfully book the PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
How to pre-order PS5 in India successfully?
Sony has been facing a supply issue with the PlayStation 5 and for that reason, PS5 restock in the country has been scant. As mentioned before, so far Sony has opened pre-bookings for the standard PlayStation 5 only three times and only once for the Digital Edition. Each pre-booking sale was met with a huge demand which resulted in stock clearance in a very short duration.
Reddit user audemed44 has a few useful tips to share for issues faced while pre-booking. If when you try to click pay, the page is unresponsive or says you’re in a queue, refresh the page and click ‘Pay’ repeatedly while the page is refreshing as a fix. The same user also mentioned that in the previous sale, stocks were made available in phases. Therefore if you’re unlucky at 12pm, try again later and you might be able to place your order.
Apart from these tips, there’s some other prep you can do to pre-order the PS5 successfully during the June 23rd restock.
Things to do before PS5 pre-orders open on June 23rd
Here are few steps you need to do on your web browser before the pre-orders open. These steps will ensure that you’re not occupied with filling in details and rather proceed to checkout faster.
- Add your complete address and payment details in the browser autofill
- Decide beforehand which payment method you want to choose, EMI duration (if going for EMI), and bank for EMI
- Head to the preferred platform like ShopAtSC, Amazon, or others and login to your account ahead of 12pm
- Go to the product page of PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition at least 15 minutes before the pre-orders begin
- Use a stable and fast broadband connection on a laptop to place the pre-order
How to add address and payment details on Google Chrome or Edge
In case you’re wondering how to add address and payment details on a web browser, here’s a handy step-by-step guide to adding in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome on your desktop
- Click on the three-dot icon in the top
- Select Settings from the dropdown
- To add the address, select ‘Address and more’ or ‘Personal Info’
- To add payment details, click on ‘Payment Methods’ or ‘Payment Info’
By doing this, you’ll be able to insert all address and payment details while placing the order with just a click of the mouse and proceed to checkout faster.