Realme has scheduled a ‘Greater than you see’ event at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. This year, the largest tech trade fair is taking place from February 28th till March 3rd.
Realme India and Europe CMO Francis Wong took to Twitter to announce the event. He added that it ‘will be very much greater than what you are expecting’. It’s unclear what the Chinese brand plans to announce at the MWC event. However, the poster shared by Wong gives away some hints.
— Francis Wong (@FrancisRealme) February 9, 2022
Realme could announce fast charging tech at MWC 2022
If you take a closer look at the invite poster, it shows a charging cable and a Realme Dart Charge symbol. This suggests that the company could unveil a new charging technology. Realme had announced its 125W fast charging tech way back in 2020 which didn’t materialise. Last year, the brand had revealed its plans of launching a smartphone with the charging speed in 2022. It’s likely that Realme is ready to make an announcement at the upcoming MWC.
Additionally, Chinese tipster Digital Chat Station revealed that Realme is working on phones with support for 80W and 150W fast charging. The latter is said to make use of the same 160W charging brick that will be used by OPPO.
Chinese smartphone makers Xiaomi, iQOO and Vivo have launched their smartphones with 120W fast charging support. The 125W UltraDART from Realme is said to top up a 4,000mAh battery to 33 percent in 3 minutes and 100 percent in 20 minutes.
We will know more details about Realme’s MWC plans as we get closer to the event date.