Xiaomi has launched the MIUI 18.104.22.168 update for the Redmi Note 3 users in India. MIUI 8 is built on the top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow which brings a lot of changes to the overall appearance and many other under the hood the changes to the phone’s software.
Currently, the Redmi Note 3 is running on MIUI 7 built on the top of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It was launched back in the month of March 2016 in India priced at Rs 9,999. Since then, Redmi Note 3 users were waiting for the Android Marshmallow update which is finally going to roll out to all the users in India in coming weeks.
The Chinese smartphone maker is currently rolling out the nightly build of the update before releasing the final stable update. The stable version will be released once the testing is complete for this update. Xiaomi has also released the ZIP version for those impatient users who want to get their hands on the update right now. These users can try it out by flashing their device with this OTA ZIP file.
This update will bring many new features such as All-new Gallery, Quick Ball, Second Space, Power Management, Long Screen Capture, Wallpaper Carousel, Built-in Caller ID, and Dual Apps.
- The dual apps feature allows the user to create and sign into dual accounts for any app such as Facebook, WhatsApp and more.
- The second space allows the users to make two different profiles on the phone which are totally independent of each other. Users can put different passcodes or fingerprints to access different profiles, each with its own wallpaper, apps, files, and photos.
- Quick Ball let the users add their favourite apps and frequent actions for better one-handed control.
- Long screen capture allows the users to capture a long webpage into a single screenshot by capturing multiple screenshots while scrolling the page.
- Wallpaper carousel automatically changes the preset wallpapers according to your taste.
- Built-in caller ID shows the detail for the unknown caller.