Reliance Jio‘s meteoric rise paved the way for faster and cheaper data services in the country. While the service provider started offering commercial services only in late 2016, it has managed to stay neck and neck with Airtel in terms of subscriber counts. According to latest TRAI data, Bharti Airtel had 336 million active subscribers while Jio had 325 million subscribers at the end of January.
Jio’s biggest problem is perception and the fact that most people still use it as a secondary SIM primarily delivering data service. If you are one of those people who uses Jio mainly for data, there is a fair chance that you don’t even remember your number. In case you need to pass on this number to someone or want to experience Jio to Jio voice calls, then here is a nifty way to find out your number.
How to check Jio number by calling toll free number
While you can simply dial an USSD code – *121*1# – to find an Airtel number, the process is not that straight forward on Reliance Jio. While a number of blogs claim that you can dial *1# to find your Jio number, we have verified that this USSD code does not work.
If you have an active Jio SIM inserted in your mobile phone, you can dial 198 or 199 or 18008899999 to connect with customer support. At first you will hear the IVR where you will need to select your preferred language. Once the language is selected, the next IVR message will give information including your Jio number and balance available on your Jio number. Well, it is not a cumbersome process to call customer care but you need to take note of the number while being on the call.
How to check Jio number using MyJio app
Jio calls itself a 4G-only mobile service provider and it has emphasised the use of the MyJio app for all the customer needs. So, it only makes sense for Jio users to turn to MyJio app when they need to find out their mobile number. In order to find out your mobile number using the MyJio app, follow following steps:
- Download the MyJio app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Now, sign in with your Jio SIM.
- You will now see the homepage of the MyJio app.
- On the homepage, you will see your Jio number right at the centre of the homescreen.
- This window will also show whether you are a prepaid or a postpaid subscriber, data balance and current plan.
While MyJio app is one of the easiest ways to find your Jio number, in case your forgot the number in the first place. There is an alternate method to the one just mentioned above if you have Jio internet activated on your number. Here is how that method works.
- Download the MyJio app from App Store or Google Play Store.
- Install and open the app.
- Now, click on “Open” on the right side of ‘Manage your Jio account’ option.
- When you click on Open, you will see three options.
- Click on ‘Sign in’ at the bottom.
- This will log you in and you will now see your mobile number displayed on top of the page once you are logged in.
How to find your Jio number using JioCall app
Another method to find your Jio number is to use JioCall app, which was previously called Jio 4G voice. Here is how to find your number using this app.
- Download JioCall or Jio 4G Voice app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Install the app and open it.
- Click on the screen and tap log in.
- Now, click on the three vertical dot menu option and then go to settings.
- You will see your Jio number displayed there.
Please note that this method also works when you have Jio internet working on your device.