Latest!

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra could feature an updated 200MP image sensor

Highlights

  • Samsung is reportedly working on the Galaxy S23 series
  • The Galaxy S23 may arrive with a 200MP main camera
  • It could be featuring a 200MP ISOCELL HP3 camera

Samsung Galaxy S23 series could be arriving with a 200-megapixel main camera. The South Korean company unveiled the 200-megapixel ISOCELL HP1 camera sensor in September 2021. A new report confirms that Samsung has completed development work on ISOCELL HP3, which will debut as the successor to HP1 camera sensor.

Also Read: Samsung debuts UFS 4.0 storage with faster speed and power efficiency

According to South Korean publication ET News, Samsung Electronics’ mobile division and Electro-Mechanics is ramping up the production of the 200-megapixel HP3 camera. The former will be responsible for manufacturing 30 percent of HP3 orders, while the latter will be responsible for the remaining 70 percent.

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra may feature a 200MP main camera

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra features a 108MP camera

The Galaxy S20 Ultra debuted in 2020 as the company’s first 108-megapixel camera phone. The Galaxy S21 Ultra and S22 Ultra that arrived in the following years featured 108MP image sensor with improvements. Now, it is expected that the Galaxy S23 arriving in first quarter of 2023 will be equipped with the 200-megapixel ISOCELL HP3 camera. A high megapixel count does not always mean improved camera performance.

Samsung struggled with 108MP camera when it equipped Galaxy S20 Ultra with that sensor in 2020. Now, the Korean tech giant could be making another bold bet on its imaging division. The technical details of the ISOCELL HP3 are not available yet. It appears that the camera sensor will come with features such as 8K / 4K video recording, advanced HDR, and Double Super Phase Detection autofocus like the HP1 sensor.

The HP1 can merge 16 pixels into one large-sized pixel of 2.56μm. The large pixels assist in capturing more light and producing brighter images. Hopefully, newer reports arriving in the coming days will reveal more details about the HP3 camera sensor.

Reports suggest that Samsung will not be the first smartphone to feature a 200-megapixel camera. The Motorola Edge 30 Ultra (codenamed Frontier), which is expected to debut in the next few months, is likely to debut as the world’s first 200-megapixel camera phone. The device is expected to feature Samsung’s ISOCELL HP1 camera sensor.

Source

Comments
Tags:
Anvinraj Valiyathara

Anvinraj has been writing about smartphones and other gadgets for over 10 years, with 10,000+ articles published to date. He owns a POCO X3 Pro and Realme X7 Max 5G. His interests include exploring new places, reading, photography, and church activities. At Pricebaba, he covers breaking news and features.