Jio is again in news for the today’s surprise event in which it extended its free services till 31st March 2017. At the event, Mukesh Ambani thanked its 52 million user base for opting and believing in Jio. He also introduced the Jio’s “Happy New Year Offer” which will let the users enjoy free 4G internet, voice calling and SMS services till 31st March 2017.
With this pleasant announcement, Jio also put out a set of guidelines on how to setup Jio network in a smartphone? Here is the complete step by step procedure to setup Jio network in a 4G-enabled smartphone. But to experience the Jio’s voice calling with your native dialing app, your smartphone must support VoLTE too. Check out our list of affordable 4G VoLTE smartphones here.
If you own a 4G-enabled smartphone and want to setup the Jio network, here is the procedure:
- First of all, insert the Jio SIM in slot 1 if your device supports 4G in first SIM slot only. Otherwise, you can insert in any of the SIM slots.
- Now tap on “settings” icon on your smartphone and then tap on “Cellular networks”. After entering into “Cellular networks” portal, tap on Preferred Network and pick “GSM/WCDMA/LTE” to enable the 4G network.
- Also, enable the data as well as data roaming in your device to seamlessly enjoy Jio’s services.
If your internet is not working even after following these steps, you’ve to configure the APN (Access Point Names) setting of your phone to make it work with Jio network. Here are the APN settings for Reliance Jio.
- Again tap on “Setting” icon on your phone and then on “Cellular Network”.
- In “Cellular Network”, tap on”Access Point Names” located just beneath the “Preferred Network”.
- Now, all you have to do is to tap on a ‘+’ sign located at top left and fill the form as seen in below screenshots.
After filling the form, enable it and you’re good to go online. Now, your smartphone is ready to work on Jio network. Also, here’s the procedure to get the Jio SIM delivered at your home for free.