The Indian national cricket team is currently on a tour of Australia to compete with the Australian side for ODI, T20, and test series. India has already won the T20 series, while Australia bagged the ODI series. The rivalry will continue in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, which kicks off on December 17th in Adelaide. The India vs Australia test series will be broadcasted on Sony SIX, Sony TEN 1, and Sony TEN 3 in India.
However, if you don’t subscribe to DTH providers, you can watch the series on Sony LIV using your smartphone, tablet or laptop. If you are wondering how to watch the series on Sony LIV, what are Sony LIV plans in India, and where can you get free Sony LIV subscription, you’re in the right place. Here’s a detailed article offering all details of Sony LIV and its plans in the country.
How to watch the India vs Australia Test Series?
- Watch on TV (Sony SIX, Sony TEN 1, and Sony TEN 3)
- Watch on mobile (Sony LIV)
Cricket Australia has signed a six-year deal with Sony Pictures Sports Network for all live broadcast and live streaming of the cricket played in Australia. In India, the matches are being broadcasted only on Sony SIX, Sony TEN 1, and Sony TEN 3 channels on TV.
Mobile users can sign up for SonyLIV plans to be able to stream these matches on their smartphones or on the official website of Sony LIV. The OTT platform has monthly, half-yearly and annual membership for users in India.
Sony LIV subscription plans and price
- Sony LIV Special
- Sony LIV Special+
- Sony LIV Premium
Sony LIV Special and Special+ plans: price
Sony LIV offers three plans in India including Sony LIV Special, Sony LIV Special+, and Sony LIV Premium. The LIV Special is the base plan that retails at Rs 199 for 12 months. As part of this plan, users will get access to Sony and SAB TV channels’ shows live, Indian movies, kids content, KBC Playalong, and entertainment live channels. The plan allows only one device streaming at a time with five profiles. This plans also displays ads across all categories.
Next up is the LIV Special+ plan, which offers the same content as the Special plan. However, in this plan, the ads are played only when streaming live TV content. This plan is priced at Rs 399 for 12 months.
Sony LIV Premium plan: price
The top-of-the-line LIV Premium offers access to the entire catalogue of the OTT service. Apart from the content offered by LIV special plans, Premium also offers SonyLIV original shows, movies, live sports, Hollywood movies, international shows, and all live channels. Two individuals can watch on the same ID at the same time and users can also download content for offline viewing.
The SonyLIV premium is priced at Rs 299, Rs 699 and Rs 999 for one, six and 12 months respectively. These plans can be purchased from the official website or app of the provider.
Sony LIV subscription: how to buy
How to sign up for Sony LIV
Interested users can purchase Sony LIV subscription directly from the website of the OTT platform. You will need to sign up for Sony LIV using thee following steps.
- Enter your mobile number
- If you want to sign-up using an email or social account, click on the ‘Email of Social Account’ button
- In case you opt for mobile number, you will be required to enter an OTP
- If you choose email or social media account, it will connect and login directly
How to purchase Sony LIV subscription
Once you have signed up, you can visit the official website of Sony LIV and click on the Premium tab on the top. After that, you can follow the below steps to purchase a plan of your choice.
- Choose between LIV Premium and LIV Special or Special+ on the next page
- Select the plan duration you wish to purchase
- Tap on proceed
- Make payment using the preferred method (cards, netbanking, UPI, digital wallet, PayPal and LazyPay)
- Start watching
Sony LIV also offers a couple of vouchers upon signing up for Sony LIV Premium including ‘AJIO’ and ‘MYNTRA’. Users can pick any one of these codes by clicking on ‘Avail great offers’ button and get discounts on AJIO and Myntra. The AJIO code offers Rs 1,000 discount voucher and MYNTRA promises discount voucher up to Rs 999.
SonyLIV subscription offers
- Sony LIV Amazon Pay offer
- Sony LIV Flipkart offer
- Sony LIV Mobikwik offer
- Sony LIV Freecharge offer
Sony LIV Amazon Pay offer
Amazon is offering 25 percent cashback on Sony Liv Premium membership for 12 months. Here’s how you can avail the offer.
- Purchase the Sony LIV E-Gift Card from Amazon
- Make payment using prepaid method
- Once you have made the purchase, Amazon will credit Rs 250 to your Amazon Pay balance
- You will receive the gift card in your email
- Use the code to purchase a Premium annual subscription on the Sony LIV website
Sony LIV Flipkart offer
Flipkart is also offering a free annual Sony LIV Special subscription as part of its SuperCoin program. Here’s how to avail the offer.
- Collect 225 SuperCoin
- Visit the SuperCoin Sony LIV offer page
- Click on the ‘Redeem’ button
- Flipkart will provide a coupon code
- Use the coupon code to make the payment for the Sony LIV Special plan on the app/website
Sony LIV Mobikwik SuperCash offer
MobiKwik is offering 10 percent SuperCash on Sony LIV purchases made using its digital wallet. Follow the below steps to avail the offer.
- Go to Sony LIV app or website and select the plan you wish to purchase
- On the payments page, select Wallet option
- Click on the MobiKwik icon and make payment
- MobiKwik will add SuperCase to the MobiKwik wallet within 24 hours of payment
Sony LIV Freecharge offer
Another digital transaction and wallet platform, Freecharge is offering flat Rs 25 cashback on Sony LIV purchases.
- Log in to Sony LIV app or website
- Select the plan you want to purchase
- Choose Freecharge in Wallet options on the payment page
- Make payment
- Freecharge will add Rs 25 cashback in your wallet
Telecom plans with SonyLIV free subscription
- Jio Fiber Sony LIV offer
- Airtel Sony LIV offer
Jio Fiber Sony LIV offer
The Mukesh Ambani-led telco doesn’t offer Sony LIV subscription to its mobile customers. However, JioFiber users get free access to all of Sony LIV content. Those who are on a Jio Fiber plan of Rs 999 per month and above will get access to 15 OTT apps including SonyLIV, Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ Hotstar among others.
Airtel Sony LIV offer
Airtel also doesn’t include Sony LIV subscription with it its plans. However, Airtel Xstream users can watch Sony TV channels like Sony Sab, Sony Max, and Sony Six, among others on their Airtel Xstream app or website.
Sony LIV FAQs
In case you are a new Sony LIV subscriber or planning to purchase a subscription, you might have a number of questions. Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers
How do I use the Sony LIV app?
In case you are a new user, you will need to download the app on your smartphone before you can start using it. Below are the steps to use SonyLIV app.
- Download Sony LIV app from Play Store or App Store
- Open the app and enter your mobile number or email/social account
- Tap on ‘Continue’
- Enter the OTP and tap on ‘Sign in’
- Select a plan and make payment
- Start watching
How do I subscribe to Sony LIV?
In order to subscribe, you will have to choose between various plans offered by SonyLIV. Users have the option to choose from Sony LIV Special, Sony LIV Special+ and Sony LIV Premium. The first two offer limited access to the content library of Sony LIV and the Premium offers full access.
Interested users can subscribe to preferred Sony LIV plan from the app or the official website of the OTT platform. Once you have signed up for SonyLIV, you can head to My Account section on the website or app and sign up for the preferred plan.
- Open website or app
- Go to ‘My Account’
- Tap on ‘Go Premium’
- Select between Sony LIV Special, Special+ and Premium
- Tap on ‘Proceed’
- Make payment using your preferred mode of payment
- You’re now subscribed
How can I watch Sony LIV for free?
Sony LIV is a freemium service, which means that a lot of Sony LIV content is free to watch without registering. However, the free content is ad-supported, which means users who want to watch Sony LIV content for free will be shown ads between shows. Free users can watch also live TV channels but with a five-minute delay.
Is Sony LIV app paid?
The Sony LIV app is a freemium service, which means users can enjoy most of its content for free with ads, including live TV channels. However, to watch international shows, live sports events, and Sony LIV original shows, users will have to sign-up for premium service. The Sony LIV Premium price in India is set at Rs Rs 299, Rs 699 and Rs 999 for one, six and 12 months, respectively.
Does Sony LIV have free trial?
As of now, Sony LIV is not offering any free trial offer for new subscribers. However, the OTT platform keeps offering free trial from time to time. In any case, most of the content on Sony LIV except International TV shows and Sony Liv Originals can be watched for free with ads.
What is Sony LIV Special?
The Sony LIV Special is the base plan offered by the OTT platform, which retails at Rs 199 for one year. Users who subscribed to this plan can watch Sony and SAB TV channels’ shows live, Indian movies, kids content, KBC Playalong, and entertainment live channels. Users will be shown ads across all content as part of this plan.
How many users can use Sony LIV?
With the Sony LIV Special and Special+ plans, only one user can watch Sony LIV content at a time. However, they can create up to five profiles. However, those who opt for a Premium subscription get two concurrent viewers, which mean two persons can watch using the same ID at a time.
Is Sony LIV Premium free for Jio users?
As of now, Jio is not offering Sony LIV Premium subscription to mobile users. However, Jio Fiber users get a Sony LIV subscription free. Jio Fiber users on a monthly plan of Rs 999 and above, 3-month plan of Rs 2,997 or above, 6-month plan of Rs 5,994 and above, or annual plan of Rs 11,988 and above are eligible for free Sony LIV Premium subscription.
What are the charges for Sony LIV?
Sony LIV offers multiple plans for its users in India. Below is the list of Sony LIV plans in India and their prices.
|Sony LIV plan name||Duration||Price|
|Sony LIV Premium||1 month||Rs 299|
|Sony LIV Premium||6 months||Rs 699|
|Sony LIV Premium||12 months||Rs 999|
|Sony LIV Special||12 months||Rs 199|
|Sony LIV Special+||12 months||Rs 399|
Why is Sony LIV app not working?
There could be various reasons for the Sony LIV app to stop working, not respond or keep crashing. The most common reasons include an old version of the Sony LIV app, cache issue or old Android/iOS version. These can be fixed in a few simple steps.
Update Sony LIV app
- Head to Play Store or App Store on your smartphone
- Search for SonyLIV app
- In case there’s an update, you will see ‘Update’ button in place of open
- Click on Update
- Once done, check if the app is opening for you
If the above method doesn’t work for you or your app is already on the latest version, follow the next step which is to clear all data and cache.
Clear all data and cache, and enable app permissions of the Sony LIV app
On Android devices:
- Open Settings
- Scroll Down to ‘App & Notifications’
- Click on ‘See all ## apps’
- Scroll down to SonyLIV app and click on it
- Tap on ‘Storage & cache’
- On the next page click on ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear storage’
On iOS devices:
There’s no option to clear cache and storage on iOS devices. If you are on an iOS device, the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the SonyLIV app on your iPhone or iPad.
Update your OS version
How to update Android:
- On your Android smartphone, open Settings
- Scroll down to System and tap on it
- Click on Advanced
- Tap on System update
- If you have a new update, you’ll see an ‘Update & Install’ button
- Click on the update button and follow the on-screen instructions
How to update iOS:
- On your iOS device go to Settings>General
- Tap on Software Update
- If there’s an update, you’ll see a ‘Download and Install’ button
- To update immediately tap on Install
- You can also choose from Install Tonight or Remind Me Later