Sun Direct is an Indian DTH service provider established in December 2007. It’s a joint venture between the Sun Network of India and the Astro Group of Malaysia. As of January 2021, the DTH service provider was the fourth largest in the country with a market share of 15.83 pecent.
Sun Direct DTH offers more than 244 channels to its subscribers and sometimes users may add or remove channels from their account based on their preference. In such cases, changes don’t reflect in your account at times. Therefore, your only option is to refresh your Sun Direct DTH account refresh. Doing so also resolves any issue you might be facing. Here’s a primer on how you can easily refresh your Sun Direct account.
Sun Direct DTH account refresh: why do you need to do it?
In case you have never had to refresh your Sun Direct DTH account or have recently got a new Sun Direct DTH connection, you might be wondering what’s account refresh and why do you need to do it. Whenever you recharge your Sun Direct DTH account or modify the channel list, the change should reflect immediately in your account.
However, at times due to some issue or other, the change in channel pack doesn’t reflect. This can be sorted by performing a Sun Direct DTH account refresh. The company has listed several errors like E-16, E-017, E-19, E-100, and E-101, which can be sorted by account refresh. If you’re also facing any of these issues, below are the methods to do Sun Direct DTH account refresh.
How to refresh Sun Direct DTH account?
Sun Direct DTH users can refresh their account through three methods – on the official website, through SMS, and through call. Below we have listed down the process for each method.
Refresh Sun Direct account online
- Turn on your Sun Direct STB
- Go to channel 36 and keep it on
- Now, visit the official website of Sun Direct
- Click on the ‘Help’ tab on the top
- On the next page, click on “If unable to view subscribed channel click here“
- Sign in using your registered mobile number, smart card number, or customer ID number
- Select the error code from the drop-down menu
- Click ‘Refresh
Refresh Sun Direct account through SMS
- Open Messaging app on your phone that has the registered mobile number
- Type 9600058585 in the recipient box
- Type “<Error Code> <Smart Card Number>” (for example, if you are facing E-100 error, type E100 followed by your smart card number)
- Tap send
Refresh Sun Direct account through call
- Dial 1800 123 7575 / 1800 103 7575 or give a missed call to 7601012345 from the registered mobile number
- Mention the error code displayed on the TV screen
- Follow the instructions provided